Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: W&OD trail bear sigthing at S. 7th and S. Buchanan

Post Thanks / Like

Default W&OD trail bear sigthing at S. 7th and S. Buchanan

From my neighborhood list serve. The sighting was near 7th and Buchanan which is between the caboose and Columbia Pike.

"Yesterday my daughter’s friend was playing in the woods and saw a [black] bear. From the kids’ description, I believe they saw the bear in the woods behind S Buchanan St & S 7th street and the W&OD trail. The kids got a good look at the bear and said it was standing on its hind legs and was about 6ft tall. They heard it before they saw it. When they saw it they made a lot of noise and left the woods. The kid’s mom called Arlington Animal Control to let them know about the bear. I don’t have any additional information, but wanted to alert the neighborhood. Hopefully it was just moving through the area and doesn’t stay long."

Until the County decides to do something about bears, prepare yourself and know what to do when you encounter a bear.
    Last edited by Brendan von Buckingham; 07-11-2022 at 09:24 AM. Reason: origi. post called it a brown bear, but that' a grizzly, but they're not native. They saw a black bear.