Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike to Work Day - Best Pitstops

Post Thanks / Like

In the last couple of years I've been hitting the Dunn Loring stop, the Vienna, and Reston. Vienna seems to be the best combination of both location and food. Its right on the trail and last couple of years have had some snacks. Reston has more going on food, activity and raffle wise, but its farther out of the way if your not going to the town center.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    Bonus points if you can get actual BikeArlington staff.
    Tim or Zanna as swag? Probably contrary to Arlington County policy.

My day off just got rescheduled to fall on BTWD so I can now do a VA-DC based "Tour de Pitstops". I think I'll ride down to Old Town, double back through Crystal City, up to Rosslyn and then to Freedom Plaza. Ballston if the urge strikes me.

Sweet!

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post

My day off just got rescheduled to fall on BTWD so I can now do a VA-DC based "Tour de Pitstops". I think I'll ride down to Old Town, double back through Crystal City, up to Rosslyn and then to Freedom Plaza. Ballston if the urge strikes me.

Sweet!
    What time are you going to get started?

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    I was imagining someone trying to hoist Tim on to their back and ride off to work.

Post Thanks / Like

I was imagining someone trying to hoist Tim on to their back and ride off to work.
    I've seen pictures, he has to run around in the shower just to get wet

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Welcoming All-American Bicycles from Damascus as our second bike shop sponsor! Plus, we are raffling off a Trek 7.2 FX commuter bike! Great odds of winning compared to Bethesda, and we will have food, music, and other great prizes! Register and Ride to the Marriott HQ Pit Stop at Rock Springs Business Park. We are at the intersection of Fernwood Road and Rockledge Drive. See you next Friday!
    Last edited by Stivnik; 05-09-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typos

Post Thanks / Like

I'll ride the fat bike that day. It won't be a problem. Have your camera ready.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be raffling off this Trek 7.2 FX at our Marriott / Rock Springs Business Park Pit Stop on Bike to Work Day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	027.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	1001 Start your day with us - refreshments, prizes, and music. Plus, two local bike shops - All American Bike Shop and Revolution Cycles - will be providing pit stop support! This is like getting a massage for your bike! All that, plus the Bike to Work Day t-shirt and giveaways! For registration and information, please visit: http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/
    Remember to select “MD – Rock Springs Business Park” See you and your bike on Friday, May 18th! Pit stop open from 6:30 - 9:00 AM.

For the latest updates on Bike to Work Day at Marriott, follow us on Twitter @MarrVelo

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to give a big thumbs up to the volunteers at the Crystal City pitstop that were out in the rain this morning with coffee and bagels. Thanks for the hot drink and patch kit swag, but it was too wet for the chair massage. It's also great that this pitstop runs all week!

Post Thanks / Like

Leesburg stop opens at 0600 on Friday.