Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bike to work day ride buddy meetup

Post Thanks / Like

I will be behind a FABB table at the Herndon stop all morning. Come by and say "Hi!"

Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I think I'll be leaving from Luria Park in Falls Church (near Gallows & 495) then head down to the EFC metro stop and then turn west to Reston if anyone is interested in a leisurely tour of the stops between EFC and the RTC. I'll probably end being late for work that day (at the office by 10).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anacostia?

Has anyone ever been to the Anacostia pit stop? Last year I could have stopped, but decided instead to keep on riding to work. I'm just curious as to what it's like and such.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FFX_Hinterlands View Post
    I will be behind a FABB table at the Herndon stop all morning. Come by and say "Hi!"
    I'll try to remember to do that!

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by culimerc View Post
    At this point, I think I'll be leaving from Luria Park in Falls Church (near Gallows & 495) then head down to the EFC metro stop and then turn west to Reston if anyone is interested in a leisurely tour of the stops between EFC and the RTC. I'll probably end being late for work that day (at the office by 10).
    Luria Park!? YOU should be leading the BTWD Convoy #4 from the Providence Rec Center to DC. except that you'd go to Reston. nevermind!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All - Looking for a ride buddy. I'll be leaving from the corner of New Hampshire Ave. and Piney Branch and going to Silver Spring. It's only about a 3mi ride for me so I'm going to try and hit most of the pit stops to spice up the easy ride (Takoma Langley Crossroads, Sligo Creek Trail, and ending at Discovery Place). I'm a bit of a novice rider but I have done the ride to work twice (but first time BTWD). Hope to find someone to keep me company!

Also, if anyone knows of a bike for sale I'd love to know! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'm riding from East Falls Church to Bethesda. Anyone on a similar route?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll likely be riding with Kathy (arlingtonrider) from Shirlington to Crystal City to Rosslyn. From there I'll be breaking off down Wilson to Ballston and Falls Church (where my Tshirt's at) then back to Shirlington down the W&OD to do a little work before I take a bus to NJ.

Departure time...maybe 7:00am? maybe earlier. Haven't chatted with her 'bout it yet.
    Last edited by SpokeGrenadeSR; 05-10-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just sent you a PM with contact info. Early is fine!

Kathy

Post Thanks / Like

I just registered! (Eeeee!)

I'm planning to start in Shirlington (look for the confused person with a spotty Nutcase helmet on the ancient mountain bike) and hit Freedom Plaza and then Mount Vernon Triangle to grab my t-shirt

Now I need to figure out how to get to Shirlington from my apartment...