Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hains Point Public Meeting on 4/19

Post Thanks / Like

Final reminder that the comment period closes on May 19.

Post Thanks / Like

My feeling is that they are trying to create a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist and in the process will mess up one of the most enjoyable places to ride. Most riders, except the most casual and families, will end up in more conflict with cars. If they want to ensure pedestrian safety, install a sidewalk on the "inside" of the loop adjacent to the golf course property. Leave the roads alone.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to attend the meeting. It doesn't look like it made it on the deck, but the NPS reps indicated that 1C was their preferred concept.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGortex View Post
    My feeling is that they are trying to create a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist and in the process will mess up one of the most enjoyable places to ride. Most riders, except the most casual and families, will end up in more conflict with cars. If they want to ensure pedestrian safety, install a sidewalk on the "inside" of the loop adjacent to the golf course property. Leave the roads alone.
    That would cost megabucks, as would fixing the seawalls. And I'm not sure there is room for a sidewalk unless you removed part of the roadway, due to proximity of the cherry trees. It looks like NPS thinking on this one is limited to "magical paint."