Likes Likes:  56
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSLNHPP 2022 (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve O - sorry you'll miss it too, but we'll do our best to make this awesome!

2. Likes SamScruggs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DC Bike Party is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes SamScruggs, rumipumi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone will need to bring those little toasting-sized paper cups to put the toast in.

And, of course, if you are feeling celebratory and generous, bring toast to share. I believe I have some of both of these I can provide (LMK and we can arrange a handoff), but you will need more.

Costumes, decorations, etc. will add to the festivities and are highly encouraged.
    Freezing Saddles teams may want to set up their own tailgate to highlight your awesomeness.

I also usually bring a sign-in sheet for FS participants to see which team had the most attendees. Not required, but nice to know if someone wants to take on this task. Best if you plan to get there fairly early - you can always hand it off if you leave before the end. All it takes is a clipboard, pen attached with a string, and sheets of paper with columns for name and team name. Leave at one of the tailgates and make sure everyone spreads the word to sign in. Someone who will be there at the end needs to take responsibility for not forgetting it.

This is the traditional FSLNHPP location for support vehicles, music, social gathering between laps and 11:59 pm toast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSLNHPP location.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	28562

Also, if someone wants to borrow my unicycle to do the traditional one lap on one wheel, I'm happy to loan it out.

And also, if you haven't turned on your flyby on Strava and you used to enjoy it, it makes for fun next-day viewing

6. Likes danlesh, SamScruggs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks @Steve O! The DC Bike Party team has put together a flyer to promote the Last Night at Haines Point. We'd like to post to our page to get some people out to support FS. We wanted to post it here first!

Name:	dc bike party (4).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	28750

8. Likes Nadine, danlesh, Boomer2U, rumipumi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The last people standing at midnight!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a nice group photo from Serder's friend Rodney:

Name:	DSC_1056.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	29006

11. Likes Serdar, Steve O, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    The last people standing at midnight!
    Where is everyone?? It was even a Saturday night! I would have expected at least 20 badasses.
    See you next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Default FSLNHPP 2022 (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Where is everyone?? It was even a Saturday night! I would have expected at least 20 badasses.
    See you next year!
    There were a lot more, Steve - this was the group of us at the 11 pm toast (we decided to finish at 11.) 6 of my team were there, even without Robyne!

There had been more earlier though - I met a few FS people on the ride from Dupont with Bike party - and I'm sure there were more cuz we were mixed with the bike party people too. Also, I saw later from people's Strava feeds that a number if people went to HP earlier and either left before we arrived or overlapped with us but we didn't find each other cuz it was dark already. It would really help of there were more lights at Hains PT.

I really wish we could get them to put some more lights in. Part of why I stayed till the end was because there were fewer people riding around - I often worry about crashing with the low lighting at the FFSHPP.)

Oh also I bet the number of ppl who stayed to ride hamster loops was down because there was a barrier up that we hadda get off bikes to go around. It would be so much better if they used barriers that let bikes through like on Beach Drive. There isn't a way to get in touch with the park people and ask them about the barrier for FFSHPP, is there? It's only once a year. I think the issue probably only comes up when 3/19 falls on a weekend.
    Last edited by Nadine; 03-22-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default FSLNHPP 2022 (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    See you next year!
    6 from the winning team

Sam, Catie, Meaghan, me, Hussain, and Steve S

15. Likes Serdar liked this post