Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm alive and need a coffee

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm alive and need a coffee

Hey Everyone.

Some might know, some might not - after riding for 15 years with a ticking time bomb in my chest the "bad valve of birth" finally said enough, and stopped being useful. Before it quit on me, it did do one last thing, and that was to enlarge an aneurysm on my Aorta.. Thanks Valve! SO, after a new aortic valve, aortic root, and a 10" scar I'm near bionic.. well, just as soon as my sternum fuses back together.

All that to say, I'm 9 weeks into recovery and ready to get back on the bike and see your faces. I also have 2 weeks of disability remaining so I can get from Centreville to Arlington right now while I'm super bored.

Any Coffee clubs meeting up in the next few weeks? Anybody out there that even remembers who I am?

Miss you all!

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    Hey Everyone.

Some might know, some might not - after riding for 15 years with a ticking time bomb in my chest the "bad valve of birth" finally said enough, and stopped being useful. Before it quit on me, it did do one last thing, and that was to enlarge an aneurysm on my Aorta.. Thanks Valve! SO, after a new aortic valve, aortic root, and a 10" scar I'm near bionic.. well, just as soon as my sternum fuses back together.

All that to say, I'm 9 weeks into recovery and ready to get back on the bike and see your faces. I also have 2 weeks of disability remaining so I can get from Centreville to Arlington right now while I'm super bored.

Any Coffee clubs meeting up in the next few weeks? Anybody out there that even remembers who I am?

Miss you all!

Of course we remember! HDCC is still at Best Buns - I haven't gone to CC in over 2 weeks because of the combo of Omicron and the weather (I am only seeing people outdoors till things get somewhat better, and IIUC all or almost all CCs are indoors when the temp is below 35 F) Hope to see you soon!

3. Likes Arlingtonrider, Dickie, wheels&wings liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    Hey Everyone.

Miss you all!
    Well, if you want to come to NYC ...

5. Likes Dickie, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dickie!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your brush with doom, but pleased to hear that you are on the mend.

As Ken mentioned, HDCC is still at Best Buns. All the Coffee Clubs are on this calendar. You'll need to get up early to ride all the way in. FCC in DC starts later, around 8:15.

Hope to see you soon.

7. Likes Dickie, wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dickie! Good to hear youll be on the bike and back to coffee!! Im outa town for a bit but keep in touch and well catch up soon! @Alingtonrider will also be excited to see you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Likes Dickie, Arlingtonrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!

And as the Washington Senators used to say, You Gotta Have Heart!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Welcome back!

And as the Washington Senators used to say, You Gotta Have Heart!

Henry
    "Enough to make your eardrums smart!"

Welcome back, sir!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, Dickie! I remember meeting you at my very first HDCC all those years ago and being intimidated at the prospect of talking to a Forum legend. I'm glad you're on the mend.

Attendance at the coffee clubs has been sparse lately because of the weather and omicron, but I try to make it (masked and boosted) to the Arlington/Alexandria coffee clubs most days. Hope to see you at a coffee club soon!

13. Likes lordofthemark, Serdar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back (though we've never met, I remember your posts).

And someone please give this man a better title than "Very Senior Member." "Venerated Cast-Iron Stalwart Senior Member" at the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man! And I feel like I just saw you (even though it was August, I think?)! Glad you are on the mend and ready to get back on the bike. Not much for coffee clubs these days, but if you happen to come through Falls Church, happy to meet up!