Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Bug Eaten and First Roadrage of 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Bug Eaten and First Roadrage of 2012!

The bug was tasty, the road rage, notsomuch but it was just special enough to report-

WO&D crossing Wheile EB, caught a nasty "spandex fa%%t" comment from a meathead in a Red VW Jetta. I totally should have blown it off, but instead (stupidly) said something glib about my nice toned legs. Guy completely lost it (my legs are pretty nice). Come the next crossing, (Sunrise Valley?) he's waiting for me up the road a bit- when I started to cross he gunned it and cut into the sidewalk cutout yelling obscenities. Wow.

Lesson- maintain better brain to mouth filter.

Be careful out there kids...

Post Thanks / Like

What is going on out there? This morning, I was in the final blocks of my commute on L Street, which was remarkably free of cars for some reason, when a car came up right behind me and stood on the horn. He could have easily moved into the completely empty left lane to pass, but instead barely moved to the left and passed so close he was just inches from me.

It was a Range Rover with a very low DC license plate number, which you get by being friends with the mayor (or at least not ticking off the current mayor, if you got the tag under a previous administration). Am highly tempted to take advantage of my good relations with certain people in DC governement to report this jerk. Not that it would do anything . . . but would love for someone to look it up, see who has the tag, and gently tease them about harassing cyclists at the next fundraiser.

You would think the nice weather would make them happy!

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we start a new thread on the forum?

A place to post:
    1. Vehicle description
    2. Tag
    3. Driver description (if possible)
    4. Date, time and location of incident
    5. General description of incident
    6. Whether or not phoned in to local authorities
    7. Photos if you have any

Posts should provide accurate descriptions that can assist other riders in avoiding identified threats. In other words, don't be derogatory and don't vent. Do the venting in another thread like the Missed Connection thread. That way we have a resource that stays clean, concise, and useful to the community.

Up to y'all.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    I would love this idea. That way if, god forbid, someone gets injured, we'd have a way to find other witnesses to a pattern behavior. I strongly believe that there are a few bad-apple drivers out there, who should be stopped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eminva View Post
    You would think the nice weather would make them happy!
    That's a negative there ghost rider, when you're in a car and can't experience the weather hugging you, it's misery.

I support the above thread idea too, but I think posting the tag # publicly is illegal? But I have no basis to that assumption.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post

A place to post:
    1. Vehicle description
    2. Tag
    3. Driver description (if possible)
    4. Date, time and location of incident
    5. General description of incident
    6. Whether or not phoned in to local authorities
    7. Photos if you have any

Posts should provide accurate descriptions that can assist other riders in avoiding identified threats. In other words, don't be derogatory and don't vent. Do the venting in another thread like the Missed Connection thread. That way we have a resource that stays clean, concise, and useful to the community.

Up to y'all.
    I think an online reporting form would be most useful for this; similar to the one WABA has for crashes:

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o...naire_KEY=1200

If nothing else, it can be used by BikeArlington or WABA to show legislators what kind of problems bikers face in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of standarizing the reporting. Just need to make sure that it's easy to access.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a ContourROAM Hands-free HD last Christmas for $85 and it's in the box. I need to mount it on my bike so I won't miss any action. To bad, it has wide angle lens and won't able to read the tag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RESTONTODC View Post
    I bought a ContourROAM Hands-free HD last Christmas for $85 and it's in the box. I need to mount it on my bike so I won't miss any action. To bad, it has wide angle lens and won't able to read the tag.
    Can you set it to overwrite when full? I like the idea of constant recording but only "messing" with it when something bizarre and/or beautiful happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuyContinental View Post
    Can you set it to overwrite when full? I like the idea of constant recording but only "messing" with it when something bizarre and/or beautiful happens.
    Be honest, I don't know much about it because it's in the box. I really want the loop recording like a CCTV. After something happens, I can stop and retrieve the video. With 32 GB of SD cards, I should have 8 hour HD video.