Likes Likes:  555
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Game Pointless Prize

Post Thanks / Like

Default Name Game Pointless Prize

Name Game Pointless Prize

Is there a street or place that bears your name? Or maybe a coffee shop? Anything at all?
    For this prize, the goal is to find a location or an establishment that bears your name (even in mutated form), ride there, and take a picture to show you were there. Please note the location, too.
    It can be your first name or last name or nickname or Forum name or any other names you go by. If your name has a meaning or translation, feel free to find something connected. For example, my first name is Cynthia… there’s a Cinthia’s Bakery on Columbia Pike. It’s a Greek name meaning Goddess of the Moon so I could also visit Moon Street in Alexandria. My middle name is the name of a cigar (yuck) so maybe I could find a store named after the cigar. And my last name is Palmer. That’s a toilet tissue dispenser designed for high-traffic public restrooms (yay?) so maybe I could find a storefront that bears the name of the Palmer TP company. I could also go with my Forum name, Wheels&Wings, and find places or establishments that have wheels or wings in the title.

If you can’t find anything that bears your name in any form, then try your letters backward or scrambled, or try just your initials. Some names are far harder than others, but use that to your advantage… you’ll get bonus points for creativity! Post your findings on this thread. Multiple submissions welcome.

Optional hashtag: #namegame
    (The judges will be checking this Forum thread rather than the hashtag data. )
    Last edited by wheels&wings; 01-07-2022 at 11:41 PM. Reason: hashtag

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant!

3. Likes wheels&wings liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    Name Game Pointless Prize

My middle name is the name of a cigar (yuck) so maybe I could find a store named after the cigar. [/B]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ac...t#Plot_summary

The character in question lives in a rowhouse in South Baltimore, so a picture in front of such a rowhouse in SoBo could work (or the one used in the movie, which was filmed on location) could work - but of course it wouldn't bear the name, so maybe that is stretching too far.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 01-07-2022 at 10:30 AM.

5. Likes wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this -- adding it to my goals today!

7. Likes wheels&wings liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got whole island in the East River, at least one street (where the Stonewall Inn is located), and a few churches among other things to chose from. Is there a hashtag to use in the ride title, or just post here?

9. Likes lordofthemark, wheels&wings liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I've got whole island in the East River, at least one street (where the Stonewall Inn is located), and a few churches among other things to chose from. Is there a hashtag to use in the ride title, or just post here?

I probably STILL won't make it to North Otis, Massachusetts, but I have some ideas.

11. Likes wheels&wings, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I think you could argue that 1049 Park Avenue would be a valid entry for you.

13. Likes wheels&wings, consularrider liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Entry #1, the easy and obvious one - Randalls Island, too bad the photo will come out upside down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3411[1].jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	25739
    Last edited by consularrider; 01-08-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Entry #001
    It’s true, but not common knowledge, that my given name (by my Scottish Grandmother) is Bruce!

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Entry #1

Fun fact: despite my nickname "HokieBeth" I didn't actually attend Virginia Tech but I did contribute to tuition for 2 students and I lived in Blacksburg for 3 years so I guess I'm an Hononary Hokie. HokieBeth was given to distinguish me from Beth Taylor aka "PeloBeth".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk