Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Pointless Prize: Tandem Rides!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: Tandem Rides!

Greta Ann and I are co-sponsoring a tandem pointless prize. Tag your tandem rides with #tandem and we'll award a prize to whoever has done the most tandem rides. Photos of tandems on strava or on this thread are great but aren't required. We'll award bonus points if you ride a tandem with a blind or visually impaired stoker. We'll post information about rides that the Metro Washington Association of Blind Athletes (MWABA) is organizing on this thread and/or if you let us know, we can potentially connect you with someone who wants to ride. This is also a way to ride a tandem if you don't own one! Let us know if you have any questions.
    -Shira

2. Likes Judd, bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Metro Washington Association of Blind Athletes is planning on riding on Saturday at 2, probably meeting at the Eastern Market metro (although we might meet at the Bethesda metro), assuming it isn't too snowy. If you're interested in joining, you can email Karla (karla.gilbride at gmail.com), and she'll let you know if there's space for you to join--let her know your height and if you've ridden a tandem before. And let me know if you have any questions!
    -Shira

4. Likes Red liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We went out in 19 degree temps this evening and gosh, itís c-c-c-COLD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to Dawn F and Alan F for winning this prize! They both did 25 tandem rides. Also, congratulations to Eric T for 13 tandem rides and Susan Lengel for 9 tandem rides! Dawn and Alan--your prizes are MWABA tandemonium jerseys, let me know what your sizes are, and Greta Ann and I will mail or deliver them to you (we currently only have limited sizes but we're going to order another batch soon).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jersey photo back.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	29019Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jersey photo front.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	29020

8. Likes Serdar liked this post