Likes Likes:  60
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize: "You Carried WHAT?!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: "You Carried WHAT?!"

Since going car-free in 2020, I've had to become more creative in figuring out how to haul things around by bike. I also enjoy seeing people using bikes to transport kids, dogs, Christmas trees, trail maintenance equipment, etc. So I'm sponsoring the "You Carried WHAT?! on Your Bike" pointless prize.

Rules:
    • Ride at least 1 mile carrying or hauling something on your bike.
    • Snap a pic of your bike and your cargo.
    • Post the photo here in this forum thread, or else include the photo in your Strava ride and post a link to your Strava ride in this forum thread.
    • Only one submission per day.
    • Any type of bike is allowed -- regular bikes, bikes with trailers, cargo bikes, etc.

Example: here's a photo of my bike and my cat in her backpack carrier, taken while I was biking her to the pet groomers. (She meowed her head off the whole way there and back, and yes, I fully expected her to murder me in my sleep that night.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210514_152739rsz.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	25451

Happy riding, and happy hauling!

Idea shamelessly stolen from Mary G.'s errandonnee challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

On today’s ride, my cargo was books. I went out to the library to return a book and pick up some new ones! Really excited to read Last Night at the Telegraph Club, I’ve heard great things about it.

Name:	3EBCFE4F-664B-4BAD-A507-EE4461FFC849.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	25831

3. Likes Serdar, CBGanimal, Steve O, komorebi, camiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

So, this one DOES NOT COUNT for this year's FS2022, because i took the photo last summer, but I wanted to post it anyway since it is the largest thing I have carried on the trike so far. Someone was throwing out some tomato cages, and I happened by on the trike and snagged them. Thank goodness I carry bungee cords with me on my rides!

Name:	tomatoe cages on trike.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	25965

6. Likes komorebi, SamScruggs, camiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by erin_d View Post
    On today’s ride, my cargo was books. I went out to the library to return a book and pick up some new ones! Really excited to read Last Night at the Telegraph Club, I’ve heard great things about it.
    Hooray for libraries! I also frequently bike to the library to check out and return books. In fact, I just returned The Black Jersey to the Aurora Hills library in Arlington, if anyone wants to check it out before the DC Tri Club Book Club meeting that bikedavid mentioned.

8. Likes erin_d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlesh View Post
    Is there a hashtag I should use in the strava title?
    No need for a hashtag -- I'll be judging submissions based on Forum posts in this thread. Looks like a great party!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catedrew View Post
    So, this one DOES NOT COUNT for this year's FS2022, because i took the photo last summer, but I wanted to post it anyway since it is the largest thing I have carried on the trike so far. Someone was throwing out some tomato cages, and I happened by on the trike and snagged them. Thank goodness I carry bungee cords with me on my rides!
    Nice haul -- in more than one sense!

Post Thanks / Like

1/14/2021-While W&OD trail patrolling: trip to Carolina Brother's barbeque and Wegmans. The carrots didn't fit in the bag so on top they went. I'm glad I didn't have to stop to for a mechanical because the carrots are useless.

Name:	IMG_1742.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	26053

12. Likes komorebi, camiller, CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyLaura View Post
    1/14/2021-While W&OD trail patrolling: trip to Carolina Brother's barbeque and Wegmans. The carrots didn't fit in the bag so on top they went. I'm glad I didn't have to stop to for a mechanical because the carrots are useless.
    Nice! One silver lining of the recent cold temperatures is not having to worry about keeping food refrigerated on the ride home.

14. Likes CBGanimal, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Helped this shopping cart that was abandoned on the MVT at Four Mile Run find a new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk