Likes Likes:  45
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointless Prize: Extra Mile

Post Thanks / Like

First, you are trying WAY to hard to win this prize. Please stop!

Second, I can't help but observe that most of your issues stem from electronic things. Maybe you need to go analog? no ebike, paper maps. As a high ranking member of the Cabal, surely you can jigger the rules to let you track rides with a mechanical odometer.

You are an inspiration and cautionary tale at once!

2. Likes CBGanimal, AlanA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rumipumi View Post
    Know how they say don’t bring a knife to a gun fight? I brought a foldie on our family ski trip taking up half the back of our station wagon stuffed with four people, ski gear, and winterwear. There were near white-out conditions today. It was too slippery to bike anywhere, and so I walked pushing the foldie in circles in the snowy parking lot for 2 miles, wearing a ski helmet and goggles for fear of falling on my head while… walking. But 29 points for Team 3 Sled Zeppelin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I obviously have the wrong idea about the scoring. How do I get 29 points for two miles?

4. Likes rumipumi liked this post
    cvcalhoun is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's 10 points for riding at least a mile on a particular day. Then it's another10 points for the first mile, 9 points for the second, etc. So if you do two miles on a particular day, it's 29 points.

The scoring system heavily rewards going out consistently every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikingjenn View Post
    I obviously have the wrong idea about the scoring. How do I get 29 points for two miles?

6. Likes rumipumi liked this post
    cvcalhoun is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the non-electronic bits are also causing problems. My seat is broken at the moment. The manufacturer has promised to send a new one. But in the meantime... well, I may never have sex again!
    Quote Originally Posted by epilsk View Post
    First, you are trying WAY to hard to win this prize. Please stop!

Second, I can't help but observe that most of your issues stem from electronic things. Maybe you need to go analog? no ebike, paper maps. As a high ranking member of the Cabal, surely you can jigger the rules to let you track rides with a mechanical odometer.

You are an inspiration and cautionary tale at once!

8. Likes rumipumi, Steve O, epilsk, CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: Extra Mile

2/5/22 this was crazy. Okay, so some would say that biking in a snowstorm is nuts. Others have told me I am crazy for riding when it's in the teens. Yesterday I was so excited to be riding in the rain, until...I hydroplaned on the TR Island wooden bridge.

Down I went and harder than on all of my too-many-falls over the past few years. Bottom line: hip and elbow in less pain than the shoulder, which I now have in a homemade sling.

After I spent the night with Ibuprofen and an entire bottle of champainless, I thought the shoulder was better. This morning was a different story.. spent the whole day in my PJs on the couch until I felt as if rigamortis was setting in. I was sad that I was letting my team down, so...

My husband helped me put on a coat and get my bike out of the garage. It rolled with me which seemed like a good idea at first, but I think I went too far. I got blisters since I didn't bother to put on socks. I got some crazy lady stares, but I got in my mile.

Last edited by bikingjenn; 03-13-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you recovered? I hope it Ibuprofen and rest was all you needed.

Post Thanks / Like

We Have Winners!

I am pleased to announce out three winners:
    Laurie E, for her overcoming construction and destruction to get a picture of a creek
    Rumipumi, for feats of bravery on a folding bike on ise and snow
    Carol C, for repeated acts of bravery in the face of cold and dead batteries

Please look at their own write-ups in the thread above and tip your helmet to them.

As a prize, I will make a donation in your name to the bike related charity of your choice. Just email or message me your choice.
    And as an honorable mention to all FS2022 participants I will make a donation to WABA in honor of FS2022.

Enjoy Spring, and stay insane!

13. Likes CaseyKane50, kwarkentien liked this post