Likes Likes:  219
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  13
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize: Freezing Saddles Gives Back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: Freezing Saddles Gives Back

Shoveled my aunt’s driveway and sidewalk.
    Before

After
    Last edited by SFrank; 01-03-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SFrank View Post
    Shoveled my aunt’s driveway and sidewalk.
    Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes CaseyKane50, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1/03/2022 - Super Mega Volunteer Points
    It was brought to my attention after my good deed that this was a thing, so I don’t have the best “before” pic ( but do have a witness if needed) from shoveling snow off the sidewalk in front of each of the adjacent homes, and the entry way of the gate-less property for Mail delivery while they are away.

I shoveled the sidewalk across three properties to the STOP sign, plus a cut out to access the street.

Shoveled Neighbor’s entryway

This is what it looked like before, but from a different angle, looking down, before I went out to shovel (note STOP sign in lower right corner)

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boomer2U; 01-03-2022 at 06:33 PM.

5. ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    1/03/2022 - Super Mega Volunteer Points
    It was brought to my attention after my good deed that this was a thing, so I don’t have the best “before” pic ( but do have a witness if needed) from shoveling snow off the sidewalk in front of each of the adjacent homes, and the entry way of the gate-less property for Mail delivery while they are away.

I shoveled the sidewalk across three properties to the STOP sign, plus a cut out to access the street.

Shoveled Neighbor’s entryway

This is what it looked like before, but from a different angle, looking down, before I went out to shovel (note STOP sign in lower right corner)

Nice! I ended up walking through your handiwork this evening to get to a CaBi. Excellent job unknowingly pandering to me for some bonus points.

7. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The trees in my condo took a lot of damage from the snow today so I went out tonight and knocked snow off 10 of them that were at risk of losing limbs like this guy. A broom works great for this if you have some trees in your hood that could use some help.

9. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1-04-2022
    Now armed with the knowledge that the sponsor of this pointless prize uses the CaBi station around the corner at Commonwealth & Reed in the Lynnhaven hood of Alexandria, I shoveled snow there to free up 5 CaBi bikes, 11 docks and the e-kiosk.

On the walk back home, I helped push a car that got stuck exiting the alley where I stash my bikes, and then shoveled out the ice dam in the street to reduce the ice sheet formation later tonight, but this is also self serving since I use the alley (along with 6 other residences and an adjacent apartment building). No pics but I do have several grateful witnesses.

Last edited by Boomer2U; 01-04-2022 at 02:55 PM.

11. ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You motivated me to be a good citizen and help the kiddos get to school (whenever it opens) by shoveling two sidewalks and 3 curb cuts. Gotta keep those kiddos safe. Plus I couldn’t bike. First one is before, last three are after.

13. Likes Judd, Boomer2U, komorebi liked this post
    ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is pro level pandering. I actually walked to a different station this afternoon to avoid having to climb over the CaBi snow mountain. I'll be making use of your handiwork tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    1-04-2022
    Now armed with the knowledge that the sponsor of this pointless prize uses the CaBi station around the corner at Commonwealth & Reed in the Lynnhaven hood of Alexandria, I shoveled snow there to free up 5 CaBi bikes, 11 docks and the e-kiosk.

On the walk back home, I helped push a car that got stuck exiting the alley where I stash my bikes, and then shoveled out the ice dam in the street to reduce the ice sheet formation later tonight, but this is also self serving since I use the alley (along with 6 other residences and an adjacent apartment building). No pics but I do have several grateful witnesses.

15. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent (and hard) work! The sidewalks were mostly ice blocks in my neighborhood today.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrice View Post
    You motivated me to be a good citizen and help the kiddos get to school (whenever it opens) by shoveling two sidewalks and 3 curb cuts. Gotta keep those kiddos safe. Plus I couldn’t bike. First one is before, last three are after.

Post Thanks / Like

Trail etiquette signs were placed near Alexandria trails by BPAC volunteers several weeks ago. While riding on the partially cleared Four Mile Run Park Trail today, I noticed a couple of the signs had been bent over with heavy snow. Using my hands I scrapped off the snow and ensured the signs were once again standing tall to deliver their messages.

Before

After

Before

After
    Last edited by CaseyKane50; 01-05-2022 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Title

18. Likes komorebi, Judd, Serdar, Boomer2U liked this post