Likes Likes:  219
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize: Freezing Saddles Gives Back

Post Thanks / Like

10 Points for Sophie for donating to Feeding Saddles!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie CW View Post
    Done!

Post Thanks / Like

10 Points for for volunteering at RBH and the photo that requires doing a hand stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie CW View Post
    I don’t always get to bike to my weekly volunteering at the Rockville Bike Hub, but I did today and helped someone with gearing and derailleur adjustments.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63AECB5E-231C-40D1-A227-66C6D8D6070B.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	28972
    (I think only my selfies are posted upside down.)

Post Thanks / Like

10 Points to BikeDavid for donating to Feeding Saddles.

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    Love the name Feeding Saddles! Also chipped in.

Post Thanks / Like

10 Points to Boomer for donating to Feeding Saddles!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Done ... and donated much more than a buck!;-)

5. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm awarding 5 points for good deedery.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Any bonus points for fixing a broken chain for a competing BAFS2022 team captain so that she can crush it on the final day of competition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10 points for volunteering with Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail. I missed being there, but was tickled to get the videos with birthday wishes.

The selfie skills are much improved. I always enjoy watching the process of you taking them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by kmrice View Post
    Finished out FS with a bike to Jones Point and some trail edging. A good turnout-
    we missed you Judd, but understand you were away for the weekend. PS-have my selfie skills improved? (You’d say no if you knew how many tries it took to get this one).

Post Thanks / Like

10 points for volunteering at Croatan Buck Fifty and for taking pictures of all of us navigating the mud field.
    10 more points for donating to Feeding Saddles.

20 Pointer!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Although posted later, on the last day I volunteered at the Croatan Buck Fifty. I helped a rider with a broken seat find the nearest support station and I also fixed a busted chain so that another rider could finish the race. Fun times!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chain.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	29003

(Also donated to Feeding Saddles)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone who participated in Freezing Saddles Gives Back this year. We had 11 total participants who shoveled snow, gave blood, fixed trails, preserved nature, helped provide food security and helped fix bikes.

Kathy Rice came in first place. $500 has been donated to the Melanoma Research Alliance in memory of her friend Anna Hennessey.
    Sophie came in second place in a nail biter. In recognition, I bumped second prize up and a $250 donation was made to Rockville Bike Hub.
    Gina came in third place. She's currently enjoying a trip to Puerto Rico. A $100 donation will be made to an organization of her choosing when I hear back from her.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx FS Gives Back Participants, for helping put us over the top!! You are huge assholes (in lycra, who care)

We did it! We exceeded our goal of getting at least 50 assholes in lycra (who care) to chip in! We didnít make it to $5k but we did great! Thank you to all of the generous assholes in lycra (who care) in our Freezing Saddles community! The page is still open if anyone else wants to chip in: https://give.capitalareafoodbank.org...-drive/c395811

Post Thanks / Like

Gina has selected New Hope Housing to receive a $100 donation as a third place prize (and is also making a donation because she is awesome). New Hope Housing provides services in Northern Virginia to prevent homelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Thank you to everyone who participated in Freezing Saddles Gives Back this year. We had 11 total participants who shoveled snow, gave blood, fixed trails, preserved nature, helped provide food security and helped fix bikes.

Kathy Rice came in first place. $500 has been donated to the Melanoma Research Alliance in memory of her friend Anna Hennessey.
    Sophie came in second place in a nail biter. In recognition, I bumped second prize up and a $250 donation was made to Rockville Bike Hub.
    Gina came in third place. She's currently enjoying a trip to Puerto Rico. A $100 donation will be made to an organization of her choosing when I hear back from her.