Likes Likes:  219
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  13
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize: Freezing Saddles Gives Back

Post Thanks / Like

25 Points for Boomer2U. 20 Super Mega Points for the snow shoveling. 5 Bonus Points for accidentally pandering by shoveling a sidewalk that I used later that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    1/03/2022 - Super Mega Volunteer Points
    It was brought to my attention after my good deed that this was a thing, so I don’t have the best “before” pic ( but do have a witness if needed) from shoveling snow off the sidewalk in front of each of the adjacent homes, and the entry way of the gate-less property for Mail delivery while they are away.

I shoveled the sidewalk across three properties to the STOP sign, plus a cut out to access the street.

Shoveled Neighbor’s entryway

This is what it looked like before, but from a different angle, looking down, before I went out to shovel (note STOP sign in lower right corner)

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes SFrank, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

25 Points for Boomer2U. 20 Mega Points for making this CaBi station useable. 15 points for extreme pandering to clear the station I used during the snow storm. Negative 10 points for aiding car supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    1-04-2022
    Now armed with the knowledge that the sponsor of this pointless prize uses the CaBi station around the corner at Commonwealth & Reed in the Lynnhaven hood of Alexandria, I shoveled snow there to free up 5 CaBi bikes, 11 docks and the e-kiosk.

On the walk back home, I helped push a car that got stuck exiting the alley where I stash my bikes, and then shoveled out the ice dam in the street to reduce the ice sheet formation later tonight, but this is also self serving since I use the alley (along with 6 other residences and an adjacent apartment building). No pics but I do have several grateful witnesses.

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes SFrank, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

25 Points for kmrice! 20 Mega points for clearing snow. 5 Bonus Points awarded for doing it for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrice View Post
    You motivated me to be a good citizen and help the kiddos get to school (whenever it opens) by shoveling two sidewalks and 3 curb cuts. Gotta keep those kiddos safe. Plus I couldn’t bike. First one is before, last three are after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes SFrank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10 Points for CaseyKane. 5 Points for moving some snow. 5 points for a BPAC related activity.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyKane50 View Post
    Trail etiquette signs were placed near Alexandria trails by BPAC volunteers several weeks ago. While riding on the partially cleared Four Mile Run Park Trail today, I noticed a couple of the signs had been bent over with heavy snow. Using my hands I scrapped off the snow and ensured the signs were once again standing tall to deliver their messages.

Before

After

Before

After

8. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

25 Points for CaseyKane! 20 Mega Snow clearing points. 5 Bonus Points for reopening a major bike and ped crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyKane50 View Post
    Found plenty of opportunities to give back - many curb cuts were blocked with snow. At the intersection of Wilkes and Henry in Alexandria, there are curb cuts for people who walk and bike to access the Wilkes Street Bikeway. Of course they were blocked, so I got to work to create pathways for the users of this route.

Before

After

10. Likes SFrank, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10 Points for Sophie CW! 5 Points for volunteering. 5 Bonus Points for it being with a community bike shop that I was unaware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie CW View Post
    Biked to volunteer at the Rockville Bike Hub, a local non-profit community bike shop that teaches you how to maintain and fix your own bike. Or you can help fix donated used bikes to return into the community.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4B97CCDD-0F9C-45CF-A6BA-7DF741DAACCB.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	25763

Name:	7D689DF9-630C-4C60-8073-890BAD94E552.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	25768

12. Likes SFrank, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

40 Points for Komorebi! 20 Mega Snow points. 10 Points for multiple heavy use areas. 10 Points for pandering by using the collapsible shovel that was a prize from a previous contest I sponsored.

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    There are still a lot of blocked curbcuts and icy spots on supposedly cleared trails, so I brought a collapsible shovel on my ride today.

Along the Potomac Yard Trail, near the playground:

Name:	PYTrsz.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	25765

At the north end of the Potomac Yard Trail, near the Harris Teeter:

Name:	PYTNrsz.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	25766

On the Four Mile Run Trail, where westbound trail users have to turn left onto the trail to go under W. Glebe:

Name:	4MRrsz.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	25767

14. Likes SFrank, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10 Points for lordofthemark! 5 points for volunteering and 5 points for a FoMVT event. Being charitable since I saw you there on your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    I got there late, but enjoyed my time shoveling. I hadn't read the rules carefully and forgot to take a picture of my own bike, so it won't count toward the prize, but enjoyed the chance to give back, and especially to hack at ice 😉🙂

Post Thanks / Like

25 points for Gina! 5 points for volunteering. 5 points for a Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail event. 15 points for being the leader of the event!

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    I also joined today’s Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail event to help clear snow, ice, and fallen trees from the path. I forgot to include my bike in pictures but maybe Judd will forgive?

Post Thanks / Like

We've got a good competition going. Komorebi is in a narrow lead, but it's still anyone's game.

Player Total Points
    Komorebi 55
    Boomer2U 50
    kmrice 35
    CaseyKane 35
    Sfrank 25
    Gina 25
    Sophie CW 10
    lordofthemark 10

18. Likes CaseyKane50, Boomer2U, Mtansill liked this post