Likes Likes:  107
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  8
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize: Freezing Saddles Gives Back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize: Freezing Saddles Gives Back

I'm sponsoring a pointless prize this year to encourage BAFS participants to volunteer. The prize is that I will donate $500 to a 501(c)3 organization of the winner's choosing.* I will donate $100 for the second and third place participants to a 501(c)3 of their choosing.

The rules:
    1. You gotta ride your bike to the volunteer thing
    2. You gotta post on this thread and tell us volunteer thing you did with a picture of your bike at the thing
    3. I'll award 5 points for each volunteer thing you ride your bike to and post about
    4. I'll award double points if your volunteer thing involved: Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail, Phoenix Bikes, Gearin Up, WABA, Velocity Co-op, Alexandria BPAC, Sustainable Mobility of Arlington County, Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling and any of the Families for Safe Streets groups
    5. I'll post volunteer events on this thread that have bonus point opportunities attached to them
    6. I will award bonus points if something in your post catches my fancy, such as a nice picture, a heartwarming story or sometimes if I just like the cut of your jib
    7. I'll tabulate and post scores once a week or so

*As long as the organization doesn't work towards something I find morally repugnant which I will loosely define as any organization that advocates against something included in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I'm sponsoring a pointless prize this year to encourage BAFS participants to volunteer. The prize is that I will donate $500 to a 501(c)3 organization of the winner's choosing.* I will donate $100 for the second and third place participants to a 501(c)3 of their choosing.

The rules:
    2. You gotta post on this thread and tell us volunteer thing you did with a picture of your bike at the thing
    3. I'll award 5 points for each volunteer thing you ride your bike to and post about
    4. I'll award double points if your volunteer thing involved: Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail, Phoenix Bikes, Gearin Up, WABA, Velocity Co-op, Alexandria BPAC, Sustainable Mobility of Arlington County, Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling and any of the Families for Safe Streets groups
    5. I'll post volunteer events on this thread that have bonus point opportunities attached to them
    6. I will award bonus points if something in your post catches my fancy, such as a nice picture, a heartwarming story or sometimes if I just like the cut of your jib

*As long as the organization doesn't work towards something I find morally repugnant which I will loosely define as any organization that advocates against something included in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
    Hi Judd. Do you have a hashtag for your pointless prize? I will update Pointless Prize Thread 2022 when you share.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serdar View Post
    Hi Judd. Do you have a hashtag for your pointless prize? I will update Pointless Prize Thread 2022 when you share.
    No hashtag. Just need to post on this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post

The rules:

Start the year off right by earning your first Freezing Saddles Gives Back points by volunteering with the Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail on Saturday, January 1st. Since it's volunteering for FoMVT, it's a 10 pointer. Volunteers will work on removing some silt and grass overgrowing the trail including two dastardly mud patches. Registration and full details are at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/crystal...n-223375360717

5. Likes Jessica Hirschhorn, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Judd-thank you for postponing tomorrow’s event—I’m all over your pointless prize, and hope to see you Sunday! Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kmrice View Post
    Judd-thank you for postponing tomorrow’s event—I’m all over your pointless prize, and hope to see you Sunday! Kathy

Yay! As Kathy alluded to, the Mount Vernon Trail event today got rained out. You can put some volunteer points on the board by registering to volunteer at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/crystal...n-223375360717

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

1/2/2022 -- volunteering with the Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail, to do trail edging and leaf shoveling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220102_122239rsz.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	25496

10. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    ELITE Judd ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joined Judd and Komorebi edging Mt. Vernon trail and Crystal City connector in balmy 60 degree weather.

12. Likes CBGanimal, Judd, SFrank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see that you are pandering for bonus points by posting a picture of me.

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    1/2/2022 -- volunteering with the Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail, to do trail edging and leaf shoveling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220102_122239rsz.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	25496

14. Likes SFrank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SNOW ALERT! SNOW ALERT!

The DC area is expected to get 3-6" of snow tomorrow. I'm offering SUPER MEGA VOLUNTEER POINTS! To earn these SUPER MEGA VOLUNTEER POINTS, you can:

1. Shovel a neighbors (or strangers) sidewalk
    2. Shovel out a bus stop
    3. Shovel out the sidewalk ramps at an intersection (we all hate when these become an icy mountain from the snowplows)

You don't have to ride your bike to it, but please post a before and after picture.

16. Likes Boomer2U, CBGanimal, Mtansill liked this post