Likes Likes:  615
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Immigrants Heritage Pointless Prize

Post Thanks / Like

Kalypso’s Sports Tavern on Lake Anne Plaza in Reston is family owned and operated, and has been serving authentic Greek and Italian food for 10 years. This restaurant/bar is a local favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Serdar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Li Ming and Mary Tai, from Taiwan, are the chef and owners of local vegetarian restaurant. https://washingtoncitypaper.com/arti...eeps-clothing/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C1A0A09-BFE5-439E-AA5F-2714B6E5D9E5.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	28826

4. Likes Serdar, karenbikes2@gmail.com liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, everyone, for your great submissions! We have six more days of 2022 Freezing Saddles left, and the leaders of the Immigrant Heritage Pointless Prize are:

Cathy M - 62
    Karen Hass - 52
    David Jiang - 26
    Sophie CW - 24

Ride and seek! And beware of competitors.

6. Likes karenbikes2@gmail.com, Sophie CW liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Grill Kabob is a family owned and operated restaurant that offers traditional Afghan food. They have a delicious variety of made-to-order kabobs, other authentic specialities, and their naan is served fresh from the tandoor. 11688 Plaza America Drive, Reston, VA 20190

8. Likes Serdar, camiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karenbikes2@gmail.com View Post

Grill Kabob is a family owned and operated restaurant that offers traditional Afghan food. They have a delicious variety of made-to-order kabobs, other authentic specialities, and their naan is served fresh from the tandoor. 11688 Plaza America Drive, Reston, VA 20190

Their naan must be delicious! I loved when my parents took me and my siblings to the country on the weekends. Our aunt would bake fresh bread for us in tamdyr. Tamdyr is tandoor in my native Turkmen language.

10. Likes karenbikes2@gmail.com, camiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

“Our Mom Eugenia” serves authentic Greek food in Great Falls, VA, (1025 Seneca Road ).

Eugenia Hobson is the chef, and opened the restaurant in 2016 with her sons her sons, Alex and Phil. She who was born and raised on the island of Zakynthos in the Ionian Sea in western Greece, and learned the secrets of Greek cuisine from her grandmother for whom she was named. Chef Eugenia’s dishes have received glowing reviews from Tom Sietsema of the Washington Post and several food blogs.

12. Likes Serdar, camiller liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

World Foods on E 2nd St in Bloomington, IN which started as Sahara Mart specializing in middle eastern items.

Name:	IMG_4351[1].jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	28862

Post Thanks / Like

Japong Bakery on Rockville Pike is known for their Asian-style cream puffs which are a popular Japanese dessert or snack. https://www.kcpinternational.com/201...e-choux-cream/

Name:	54FD9D31-EC3E-4120-935F-2400C34FC40C.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	28866

Post Thanks / Like

Lily’s Chocolate & Coffee, 175 Maple Ave East in Vienna, VA, opened in 2021.

Guessing that Lily’s would welcome cyclists - note the ornamental bicycles flanking their entrance! Lily’s is owned by siblings Saif and Lily Alobaidi, who immigrated from Iraq in 2009. With their own business, the siblings are introducing Vienna to Lokma, an Iraqi fried pastry paired with a sweet topping. Lokma is traditionally served in Iraq with toppings like honey or sugar syrup, but Lily’s offers its own version of Lokma topped with chocolate. Aside from Lokma, Lily's has other desserts such as churros, chocolate mousse cake, pistachio and strawberry mousse, gluten-free cookies, croissants, tiramisu, and more.

16. Likes Serdar, camiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GW Supermarket as known as Great Wall Supermarket was established in New York City in 2004. The chain caters to Asian immigrants, offering Asian products in a Western supermarket-style retail. The President, CEO and founder is Lihui Zhang. There are 16 locations in 7 states as of 2020. Here is the one on Rockville Pike in MD:

Name:	959F5E23-BB7A-4A54-BD60-C2E4418BC4B1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	28914