Likes Likes:  41
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  3
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does the new W&OD bridge over Rte 29 have a name?

Post Thanks / Like

Henry: Let the crew at Bikenetic know as well. They will want to be in on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I'm advocating this or anything (disclaimer for all you lawyer types out there) but someone (or several someones) could go out surreptitiously one night and just install some bridge name signs at the approaches on both sides and just leave them there. You know, just sayin'. Could happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwarkentien View Post
    Not that I'm advocating this or anything (disclaimer for all you lawyer types out there) but someone (or several someones) could go out surreptitiously one night and just install some bridge name signs at the approaches on both sides and just leave them there. You know, just sayin'. Could happen.
    I have no idea about anyone who might do something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Last weekend I spoke to Kevin Casalenuovo, manager of the W&OD Railroad Regional Park, and reminded him about the community interest in this memorial. He said he still doesn't have his revised policy for trailside memorial benches, but expects to soon. I'll follow-up again to let him know interest is still there.

Henry
    I think the trailside bench was option 2, after the bridge itself. Pete Beers Memorial Bridge. Is Mr. Casalenuovo aware of that?

Post Thanks / Like

We could just call it Dirt Highway. Not really tied to anybody or any name. Not sure if the family approves.

https://www.roadtrafficsigns.com/per...d-street-signs
    Last edited by n18; 05-13-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The brand-new finished covered bench in the photo is not available for sponsorship, according to Kevin at Nova Parks. There is another bench across the trail that is need of replacing and Kevin suggests that might be appropriate for a Pete/Dirt/WSGFABR bench. My two cents is that it's close to the Veterans Common memorial, and would probably be associated with that. A fine cause, but had nothing to do with Pete, and I feel he warrants a stand-alone memorial.

After Bike to Work Day, perhaps we can convene a group of interested concerned citizens to review options.

Henry

7. Likes Starduster, kwarkentien liked this post