Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sep 2021 Road and Trail Conditions

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Traffic Advisory (7 Month Closure between the P Street NW Ramp from Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway and Shoreham Drive NW)
    I find it annoying that the map does not have Shoreham Drive identified. I guess they assume everyone will know where that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I find it annoying that the map does not have Shoreham Drive identified. I guess they assume everyone will know where that is.
    I was reluctant to post the link because the map didn't have Shoreham Drive on it and was uncertain if the map was depicting what DrP was describing. I hardly ever use this trail so my plan would be to try to Google Map around it, cry, try to Google Map around it again, get frustrated and then go somewhere else instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Thank you!
    Interesting that ddot has the info but not the park. That detour doesn't look like fun for 7 months. They would be much better off closing a lane of the parkway for bikes & ped, but I know that is unlikely.
    At one of the first public meeting about this closure, someone asked about the possibility of using a traffic lane for ped/bike access instead of the posted detour on 19th Street. The Park Service said no, stating that drivers can't be expected to adjust to this type of temporary change in their driving patterns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DCAKen View Post
    At one of the first public meeting about this closure, someone asked about the possibility of using a traffic lane for ped/bike access instead of the posted detour on 19th Street. The Park Service said no, stating that drivers can't be expected to adjust to this type of temporary change in their driving patterns.
    ???But drivers are asked to do it all the time for all the other detours they do. And they completely closed the road through the park for a similar length of time. Grrr.