Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: The Ultimate Ride!!!

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Ultimate Ride!!!

DC Breeze, Washington's professional Ultimate Frisbee team, will be playing in the first round of the playoffs on Friday, September 3 at 7:30pm
    I'll be biking to the game, and everyone is welcome to join me.

You can get tickets at the gate or in advance (tickets).

Details:
    • 6:20 pm - Depart Crystal City Waterpark
    • 6:55 pm - Depart M street entrance to Metropolitan Branch Trail (under the RR tracks from REI)
    • 7:15 pm - Arrive Carlini Field on Catholic University Campus
    • 7:30 pm - First pull (the equivalent of "opening kickoff" in case you are unfamiliar with the sport)

You can RSVP here so I know you are coming or just show up at one of the meet-up spots.
    Name:  logo-team-DC.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  4.6 KB

2. Likes Serdar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    DC Breeze, Washington's professional Ultimate Frisbee team, will be playing in the first round of the playoffs on Friday, September 3 at 7:30pm

Details:
    • 6:55 pm - Depart M street entrance to Metropolitan Branch Trail (under the RR tracks from REI)
    • 7:30 pm - First pull (the equivalent of "opening kickoff" in case you are unfamiliar with the sport)

You can RSVP here so I know you are coming or just show up at one of the meet-up spots.
    Name:  logo-team-DC.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  4.6 KB
    I will try to come as I enjoyed playing frisbee together with the Peace Corp volunteers in Turkmenistan. Thanks for organizing, Steve!

4. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to get psyched, or just want a taste of what Ultimate is like, here are the highlights from last week's game:

6. Likes Serdar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to get psyched, or just want a taste of what Ultimate is like, here are the highlights from last week's game:
    If you only have a minute, this was the play of the game. Amazing!

8. Likes Serdar, CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you only have a minute, this was the play of the game. Amazing!
    Wow that was amazing. I thought it would have been more like the frisbee play near Bluemont…. But this is really interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBGanimal View Post
    Wow that was amazing. I thought it would have been more like the frisbee play near Bluemont…. But this is really interesting!
    I can't get enough of this play. If you watch from 0:20 or so and look for #21, you can see the entirety of his anticipation, speed and the distance he had to go to make it. And then the next one at 0:29 you can see Rhys at the left of the screen as the throw is made and follow him all the way. He wasn't even in the play. It never ceases to amaze me.

If you want to see this sort of thing in real life, it looks like Friday evening will be glorious weather for the ride and for the game. Hope to see you all there!

Steve O
    Last edited by Steve O; 09-01-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is tonight!!
    Hope to see you there!
    I will be at the Waterpark enjoying the music by 5 or 5:30. Feel free to come early if you like.

Details: