Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1

Thread: Should I buy new shoes? A nail on my left toe hurts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Should I buy new shoes? A nail on my left toe hurts.

Hello. I have a question. Should I buy new shoes?

Currently, I wear Exustar Men's MTB Cycling Shoes, size 8.5, bought last winter. This summer, I feel pain in the nail on my left toe. It usually starts on the second or third hour of riding. It did not happen in winter and spring, though. And my right nail and toe have always felt fine.

So I wonder if I need to invest in new shoes. Has anyone ever had a similar issue? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch of different shoes and shift around all the time to alleviate different pains and pinch points. I find this true for running, cycling, even work shoes--that if I wear the same shoes all the time, pain points will arise. For toe pain, the toe box on the left shoe could be too small (many people have one foot a bit larger than the other). Cycling sandals as an alternative could be nice there.

I wouldn't throw the old shoes out though. I find that in moving to other shoes for a bit usually allows the old ones to work.

3. Likes Serdar liked this post
    ELITE Rootchopper ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

for some reason it's harder than it should be to find cycling shoes that don't have narrow pointy toes

5. Likes Serdar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an update. I went to the shop for a new pair of shoes. They measured my feet, and guess what? Turns out that my actual size is bigger than the size of the shoes I wear now. However, I did not buy immediately to give myself some time to study brands, models, and prices. If you have recommendations, I will appreciate them.