Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VDOT Route 1 Study - Bringing 15th and 18th Streets to grade in Crystal City

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Given that Rte 1 and Rte 110 are essentially the same road. Does Rte 110 also have a bike prohibition? If not, at what point traveling south on 110 would a cyclist suddenly be riding illegally? I am certain there is no signage.

All this is more or less moot currently, since - as Dana points out - virtually no one would ever ride a bike on these roads anyway.
    The cycling 101 class was purposely led to ride on 110 taking the lane (2008). There was certainly no signage then.

2. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Funny you should mention Rt 110. I have been trying on figuring out where 110 ends and Rt 1 begins as the speed limit changes from 45 to 35 (Arlington Code). Right now the first 35 mph sign is just north of 18th St, about 1/4 of the way down Rt 1.

They are looking for the info to locate that point. Too much fun.
    I want to say at the clover leaf where northbound Rt 1 bears right to cross the 14th St Bridge (just north of the 12th St underpass), and Rt 110 picks it up northbound from there.