Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May 2021 - Road and Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    What time was that? I went through at about 6:40am and did not see them all fallen over, but I was likely more concerned with not running into the NPS garbage truck parked next to all and on the trail with the door open. Maybe the crew had just righted them?
    Looks like I went through at 0830.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Looks like I went through at 0830.
    Hmmm, so I think someone, or a strong gust, toppled them this morning. I think I would have noticed them before I even got at the right angle to see the truck (I was heading south). Or I am becoming really unobservant and forgetful.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Rode past last week and it looked like the County had poked a hole in the dam and put in a plastic culvert. I have mixed feelings. Beavers are my spirit animal but this lodge exacerbated some major seepage issues from this pond on to Four Mile Run Trail. I used to live directly across Four Mile Run from this pond and the seepage was causing lots of icing in the winter.
    The county plans to renovate the pond (again) and if the beavers aren't gone by then, they have to be killed - state law doesn't allow relocation. So this is a good thing for your spirit animal. They plan to make the pond deeper so that should be good for future beavers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    The county plans to renovate the pond (again) and if the beavers aren't gone by then, they have to be killed - state law doesn't allow relocation. So this is a good thing for your spirit animal. They plan to make the pond deeper so that should be good for future beavers.
    Say hi when you ride by and see me chained to the beaver lodge in protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes huskerdont, baiskeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Last night's thunderstorm created a shitty situation at Gravelly Point. Trail is unaffected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210527_083003.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	25330
    This is my nightmare. To be using a portapotty and it falls over, rolls down, a hill,
    or gets picked up in a tornado with me in it! [shudders]

Post Thanks / Like

NPS has some more info about the closures in Greenbelt National Park. Looks like the north/south road reopens to cycling July 1 but the loop is closed until later in August. It's still a little unclear to me if the campground reopens July 1 or not. Itching to do a little bike overnighter and looking forward to seeing the new rehabbed camp sites at Greenbelt.

"Record of Determination for a Temporary Closure of Greenbelt Park Campground and Laurel Picnic Area for Roadway Reconstruction in Greenbelt Park (May 21, 2021) - Greenbelt Park (U.S. National Park Service)" https://www.nps.gov/gree/learn/manag...ay-21-2021.htm

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk