Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Weekend Maryland Ride: Saturday Triadelphia Loop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend Maryland Ride: Saturday Triadelphia Loop

A three day weekend and decent weather, so I am planning a longer ride for Saturday. This ride heads on our usual route north to Olney, then swings east to Sandy Spring then north again for a big circle around Triadelphia reservoir before heading south through Brookeville and Olney to pick up the route back. The route is 78 miles, although there are multiple options to pick up the ride en route if you want to cut some miles - contact me if you want to try that. I plan to stop at the Passion Bakery in Sandy Spring at mile 34 and Brookeville Beer Farm at Mile 47 (although we may divert to Elder Pine Brewing if we get there after the food truck arrives at 2).
    Route details are here: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35011860
    Leave Takoma Metro at 9:30 and French School at 10

I have been averaging between 14-15 MPH on these rides and after all the stress eating this past week or two i don't see that changing very much.

Hope to see some of you on Saturday

2. Likes secstate, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Super cool. Mark me as probable.

4. Likes epilsk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you had fun. I love riding around Tridelphia. VeloDCity used to do a great ride leaving out of Shady Grove Metro station out through Brookville, up and around Tridelphia, out Ten Oaks in Clarksville and looping back around returning to Shady Grove. Havenít done that in a while but always enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Likes epilsk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never rode with VeloDCity but the routes sound very similar, at least from Brookeville. Great riding out there. Come join us next week.