Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team 7 Landing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 7 Landing Place

Welcome to Team 7! Here's our thread for introductions, rides, meetups, or general communication.

I'm Matt Holmes and a fairly avid cyclist. This is my 5th Freezing Saddles and first as a Team Captain, I am pretty stoked for it! Obviously this year will be a bit different from others but we will make it work and have plenty of fun (even if it is type 2 fun).

When there isn't a global pandemic I enjoy racing gravel, cyclocross, and XC Mtn. I love riding gravel in general and we are blessed with a plethora of fantastic roads and routes in this area. I like craft beer, coffee, wine, and cooking. I'm pretty easy to identify with a large reddish beard and usually some form of Bikenetic team kit.

Please drop a reply with an introduction and idea for a team name.

Here's to a great competition and hoping we can all motivate each other to ride and find the joy in cycling.

WSGFABR

2. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuikAF77 View Post
    I enjoy racing gravel, cyclocross, and XC Mtn.
    Name:  road.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  73.0 KB
    This looks like road to me.

4. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    ELITE Sunyata ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed you at the happy hour tonight. I was a big Pete Beers fan, so we have that connection. Just need to know how to sign up for our strava team. I'm not a strava user except for this event.

To intro myself, I live/work in Reston. When it's possible, I teach biking skills to people of all ages. I'm also a licensed atty in VA so I use that for advocacy and forward thinking. I'm an exec committee member of Reston Bike Club and work very hard to bring biking people and others together. In 2016 I rode across the country from Seattle to DC. It's been 5 years - looking for my next challenge. I did commit to riding an average of 20 miles per day for 2021. So far, so good. :-)

6. Likes QuikAF77, Sunyata, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Name:  road.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  73.0 KB
    This looks like road to me.
    Hi Matt! Thanks for being a captain! I enjoyed riding with you a couple weeks ago.

8. Likes QuikAF77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! My name is Karen - happy to meet some of you tonight! I'm a bit of a weekend tourist rider - but will try to pick up my game for this competition - if you have any suggestions for routes / places to visit? I just bought a cool 1980s road bike - my first bike that was not from the tip or a real budget third- or fourth-hand mountain bike, so keen to try it out.

10. Likes QuikAF77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, I'm Robyne. Enjoyed seeing and meeting most of you at the HH today. I'm especially looking forward to getting full strength back in my leg and climbing some gravel hills! And, I have a brand new mountain bike with just 20 miles on it before a driver decided to occupy the space I was in. I had no skillz before but am really anxious to get back at it soon.

#WSGFABR

12. Likes josh, Sunyata, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Please post the link to the Strava club for the team here. That way folks on your team can join and we can add the team to the https://freezingsaddles.org/ leaderboards.

14. Likes QuikAF77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    Please post the link to the Strava club for the team here. That way folks on your team can join and we can add the team to the https://freezingsaddles.org/ leaderboards.
    https://www.strava.com/clubs/lucknumberslevin

sorry, forgot to add that to the initial post.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.strava.com/athletes/4571114 is me on Strava as well. I'll try to find and follow everyone on the team I don't already.

Sorry to have missed HH team, I left work late and was getting in miles and stopping at the grocery store. Totally forgot about it when I got home around 8pm.

Not sure how competitive everyone wants to be, but I think we could easily be right up in the top of the mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post
    Hey all, I'm Robyne. Enjoyed seeing and meeting most of you at the HH today. I'm especially looking forward to getting full strength back in my leg and climbing some gravel hills! And, I have a brand new mountain bike with just 20 miles on it before a driver decided to occupy the space I was in. I had no skillz before but am really anxious to get back at it soon.

#WSGFABR
    I'm awed that you're back at it so quickly and determinedly (is that a word?). Look forward to riding with you - we're not too far apart geographically.

18. Likes QuikAF77 liked this post