Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  6
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless prize: DropThePandemicPudge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CWaggon View Post
    What is rule 24?
    Quote Originally Posted by velominati
    Speeds and distances shall be referred to and measured in kilometers.
    Too many rules

2. Likes sdots, Nadine, Dachs6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in as well. Starting weight 236 target 226 by end of FS. Shall we celebrate our weight loss with pizza and beer?

4. Likes Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shardg View Post
    I'm in as well. Starting weight 236 target 226 by end of FS. Shall we celebrate our weight loss with pizza and beer?
    Not till I hit 190

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Iím a slacker this year but this is a good one. Iím checking in at 230.2 this morning with a goal of getting down to 220.

7. Likes Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What are all yall's strategies? I'm using myfitnesspal to count macros. Oh and I'm weighing my food. I'm off to a decent start so far but I feel off the wagon a bit tonight. I had a hot chicken sammy and fries from the new restaurant around the corner Wooboi.

Anyone doing intermittent fasting? What about something unusual like a cabbage diet?

Post Thanks / Like

Over Christmas, my daughter encouraged me to try Noom. Much like MFP, it allows meal/calorie tracking, but it has a psychology component that I've never seen before. Rather than a diet, it attempts to get you to change your way of thinking and habits. Thus far, I'm down 14 pounds since Christmas. I know that rate of loss is not sustainable, but I'm happy with it to this point. Other than Noom, I'm trying to ride more consistently (every day so far and only one day under 10 miles.) Tracking everything I put in my mouth has made me much more aware of all the snacking I did without thinking about it. It has also made me consider if I really want/need something to eat or if I'm just bored. Lastly, it has made me more aware of how often I ate multiple portions without considering it. I like that Noom considers that you will still have cravings and can fulfill them on an occasional basis without falling off the wagon and being run over.

If you want to try Noom, it is essentially free for two weeks. When you initially sign up, use the code EMAIL99 and it will offer you a full year at ~$150. IF you decide it's not for you, quit in two weeks and get a full refund or a prorated refund after that.

What are all yall's strategies? I'm using myfitnesspal to count macros. Oh and I'm weighing my food. I'm off to a decent start so far but I feel off the wagon a bit tonight. I had a hot chicken sammy and fries from the new restaurant around the corner Wooboi.

Anyone doing intermittent fasting? What about something unusual like a cabbage diet?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in! The desire to move more (and the hope that this would impact weight a bit) was one of my motivations for joining FS!
    Goal- 125, starting weight 143.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hancockbs View Post
    Started For CWaggon:

Anyone interested in a pointless prize for shedding the pandemic pudge?

Start by declaring your weight loss goal and current weight, then check in weekly? If you are really sensitive about sharing your weight, you can state your goal in number of pounds you intend to lose and check ins can be the number of lbs lost. Rules are open to suggestions for a few weeks at least.

I will come up with some sort of (funny) prize(s)for everyone that hits their goal, for those that go the opposite way, for the most pounds lost, and for the highest body weight percentage lost.

#DropThePandemicPudge

11. Likes Hancockbs, CWaggon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Checking in.
    Yesterday before my ride 221.3#
    After 20 mile ride, drinking about 12 oz of water, 217.0
    This morning before riding, 220.8.

13. Likes Judd, Alcova cyclist, CWaggon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What are all yall's strategies? I'm using myfitnesspal to count macros... Anyone doing intermittent fasting? What about something unusual like a cabbage diet?
    Mostly my strategy is "freezing saddles" - going from basically no exercise to 5-10 hours a week. Seems like if I don't scale up my calorie intake too much, this alone should give me at least a pound a week of loss.

I am making more of an effort to stop eating at "not hungry" instead of "full" and some (inconsistent) food journaling to become more aware of the amount and relative quality of snacking. Oh, and cutting down, though not eliminating, alcohol.

15. Likes Hancockbs, CWaggon, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Iím a slacker this year but this is a good one. Iím checking in at 230.2 this morning with a goal of getting down to 220.

Checking in at 228.4 this week so down 1.8 pounds. Iíve been using MyFitnessPal and walking a lot more.