Likes Likes:  262
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize - Mailbox Collection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Prize - Mailbox Collection

Disregard - the app was giving me an error message that it couldn’t post so I kept trying again. It actually was posting so ended up with duplicates. Apologies!
    Last edited by karenbikes2; 03-17-2021 at 05:39 PM.

2. 03-17-2021, 05:19 PM

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Not mine, but for any of you who aren't in the facebook group "Look At My Bike Leaning Against Stuff."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike Mail Box.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	25210

4. Likes AlanA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Disregard - the app was giving me an error message that it couldn’t post so I kept trying again. It actually was posting so ended up with duplicates. Apologies!
    Last edited by karenbikes2; 03-17-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mailbox from my 3/17/21 ride:

7755 Stratford Blvd, FL
    Last edited by karenbikes2; 03-17-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Updates in final days of Freezing Saddles

First of all, wow! Thank you all!
    Thoroughly impressed by the participation and the amazing (and amazing number) of mailboxes everyone has shared this winter. I assumed it would be difficult to find mailboxes (definitely not a daily occurrence), but you all proved me wrong.
    18 participants
    >200 mailbox submissions so far

Karenbikes2, I assume you have the prize for most mailboxes clinched (although maybe Boomer2U can still pull out a miracle on the Eastern shore
    I have no idea how you do it. One thing I like about finding unique mailboxes is that there is not map or website or other "tool" know where to find them. You must stumble upon them.

The mostly creative/unique mailbox prize is very much alive, as it only takes one to win. I'll make a decision after this weekend when FS2021 is complete.

Prizes
    I have musette bags for the winners; to help you deliver the mail (or other goods) while on a bike.
    Keeping with the Easter Egg theme (since I thought good mailboxes would be hidden & hard to find), I'll fill w/Easter goodies.

I'll find a safe, socially distanced way to get the prizes delivered.

Thanks again to all who have played.
    I'm amazed at some of the really cool mailboxes out there and your good eyes!
    I'll make sure some of my favorites get added to the Google Album (if they are not already there), so the full collection is easy to share/reference long after FS2021 is forgotten.

8. Likes AlanA, Boomer2U, josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigredboiler View Post
    Updates in final days of Freezing Saddles

First of all, wow! Thank you all!
    Thoroughly impressed by the participation and the amazing (and amazing number) of mailboxes everyone has shared this winter. I assumed it would be difficult to find mailboxes (definitely not a daily occurrence), but you all proved me wrong.
    18 participants
    >200 mailbox submissions so far

Karenbikes2, I assume you have the prize for most mailboxes clinched (although maybe Boomer2U can still pull out a miracle on the Eastern shore
    I have no idea how you do it. One thing I like about finding unique mailboxes is that there is not map or website or other "tool" know where to find them. You must stumble upon them.

The mostly creative/unique mailbox prize is very much alive, as it only takes one to win. I'll make a decision after this weekend when FS2021 is complete.

Prizes
    I have musette bags for the winners; to help you deliver the mail (or other goods) while on a bike.
    Keeping with the Easter Egg theme (since I thought good mailboxes would be hidden & hard to find), I'll fill w/Easter goodies.

I'll find a safe, socially distanced way to get the prizes delivered.

Thanks again to all who have played.
    I'm amazed at some of the really cool mailboxes out there and your good eyes!
    I'll make sure some of my favorites get added to the Google Album (if they are not already there), so the full collection is easy to share/reference long after FS2021 is forgotten.
    It was a lot of fun, although I did not find all the cool stuff that others found. Personally, the FL gator should win.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you [mention]bigredboiler [/mention] for sponsoring such a great and popular pointless prize. I never realized just how creative people are with making their mailboxes unique, and certainly never went hunting for them before. But this game got me hooked, and one day I had become a mailbox hunter! It proved to be a good motivator to get me out the door to ride, and to explore roads less traveled. Thanks again for curating a great game.

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes AlanA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And for what may be my final submission for #BAFS2021, I present this hand painted mailbox on East Columbia Street, Falls Church VA

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, Alan, you are too funny! Next time I'm in FL and visit that pond I'll be sure to bring a letter with me and see if the gator accepts it!

Post Thanks / Like

Bigredboiler, thank you sooooo much for the mailbox game!!! �� This was my 1st freezing saddles and it took me a while to figure out everything other than "I need to ride at least 1 mile each day and preferably at least 10." Once I got the hang of the pointless prize games I got hooked on a couple as motivators. The hunt for unique mailboxes was my favorite, and the one most helpful in getting me out and keeping me riding even in the worst weather. Thanks again, and I look forward to meeting you live and in person!

15. Likes Steve O liked this post