Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles 2021 Team 25 - Bollard Busters

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles 2021 Team 25 - Bollard Busters

Hence the initial post of FS2021 Team 25 - Bollard Busters team thread.

I look forward to discovering who my teammates are at the initial Happy Hour. Ride (and freeze) on!

2. Likes jlevine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to hunt down the Strava club for this team: https://www.strava.com/clubs/Bollardbusters2021 - let the games begin! (I'm an interloper from Team 14 and the Freezing Saddles technology team)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see most of you last night. I look forward to getting out on some rides with you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi team,
    For reference, the members of our team's forum names are:
    Steve O
    BobCochran
    jlevine
    KristyCP
    bhavicka
    Tava jo
    Serdar Jorayev
    epilsk

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see most of you last night, and looking forward to a fun Winter with you. FYI: I posted details about my ride this Sunday in the forum and on the calendar if anyone is interested. Otherwise, ride safely and with a smile.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

I'm Bob Cochran. I live in Greenbelt, Maryland. I've been in Freezing Saddles for a couple seasons now. I telework 4 days a week, and I really miss my commute and my workplace friends, and it is going to take a big effort for me to get some significant miles in each week. With that said, I will try my best for the whole team and my personal health and sanity.

I am deaf, meaning I can't hear, but I'm quite able to voice. It is the hearing and lipreading parts I can't do. But that's okay: I can be quite a talker once I get over my initial shyness. Most of the time I freeze up and simply don't know what to say to another person other than "Hi"! I do appreciate very much being included in the conversation as much as possible.

If you need a Freezing Saddles neck gaiter (which komorebi should soon have a supply of), but you can't afford one, please let me know. I'm paying for a gaiter for one person plus myself. I'm happy to pay for up to 3 other folks.

Thanks so much

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obscurerichard View Post
    I had to hunt down the Strava club for this team: https://www.strava.com/clubs/Bollardbusters2021 - let the games begin! (I'm an interloper from Team 14 and the Freezing Saddles technology team)
    Hi Richard. Good to "see" you here on the forum. It's been a while since we met at the 2019 Arlington Fun Ride. Thank you for maintaining the Freezing Saddles website and taking care of all our statistics!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. It was really nice to see most members of Bollard Busters last night.

My name is Serdar. I do solo rides on the weekdays and ride with friends on the weekends mostly in Virginia, and sometimes in Rock Creek Park as well as on Capital Crescent and Anacostia trails.

I hope we meet and ride together soon.

Name:  IMG_9657a.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  10.8 KB
    Last edited by Serdar; 01-08-2021 at 10:53 PM.

11. 01-08-2021, 11:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobCochran View Post
    Hi!

I'm Bob Cochran. I live in Greenbelt, Maryland. I've been in Freezing Saddles for a couple seasons now. I telework 4 days a week, and I really miss my commute and my workplace friends, and it is going to take a big effort for me to get some significant miles in each week. With that said, I will try my best for the whole team and my personal health and sanity.

I am deaf, meaning I can't hear, but I'm quite able to voice. It is the hearing and lipreading parts I can't do. But that's okay: I can be quite a talker once I get over my initial shyness. Most of the time I freeze up and simply don't know what to say to another person other than "Hi"! I do appreciate very much being included in the conversation as much as possible.

If you need a Freezing Saddles neck gaiter (which komorebi should soon have a supply of), but you can't afford one, please let me know. I'm paying for a gaiter for one person plus myself. I'm happy to pay for up to 3 other folks.

Thanks so much

Bob
    Hi Bob,

Thank you for a nice introduction. I have never been to Greenbelt, but ... you know what? For tomorrow, I planned a ride there with my friend via Anacostia trail. So, we could flyby but unfortunately, I cannot tell what time we will be in Greenbelt. We leave Crystal City at 7:30 AM and then ride by the White House, Freedom Plaza, and the Capitol building. If you think we can meet and ride some time together, feel free to text me on the number that I left for Bollard Busters in our Strava Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epilsk View Post
    Great to see most of you last night, and looking forward to a fun Winter with you. FYI: I posted details about my ride this Sunday in the forum and on the calendar if anyone is interested. Otherwise, ride safely and with a smile.
    Hi Eric. I might join you on your Sunday ride. I am debating whether to ride or drive to Takoma Park. If I ride from home and do your 63-mile ride it will turn into a difficult-to-handle century for me.