Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BAFS2021 Team 10 Honey Badgers - "Honey Badger Don't Care"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Hello fellow Honey Badgers! This is Kurt from the Falls Church/Tysons area. I'm Bent Bike on Strava and bentbike33 on this forum because I ride recumbent bikes exclusively. Ordinarily, I would have a daily commute to downtown DC, but COVID has me doing a set of loop routes I've developed (Jorge is an admirer) of approximately the same length as the round-trip commute. I usually ride in the morning before telework, which was a great idea all summer but may need reassessment during Freezing Saddles.

This is my sixth Freezing Saddles, the last 4 I have managed to ride at least a mile every day. My goal this year is to ride at least a DecaSleaze (10 miles) every day and leave no bonus points behind.

I sponsor the Loopy for Arlington pointless prize for riding the Arlington Loop of trails. I play a few of the games like reporting on wormholes. I am a regular at the Hump Day Coffee Club (HDCC) Wednesday mornings at Best Buns in Shrilington (although this year we just buy coffee and pastries at Best Buns and sit outside nearby). Stop by HDCC sometime if you can. I usually get there about 7:30 and leave before I get too cold.

I have found Strava Team Posts to be a good way of communicating during Freezing Saddles.
    I'm down with communicating through the Team Strava posts. Love your dedication to the games.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all! I'm Sam in the Ballston area of Arlington. Did freezing saddles last year, hoping this year to ride every day. Typically ten miles per ride, though I enjoy longer when there's time/fitness. Using this as a way to explore a bit, hopefully see more of the area as I've noticed there are lots of hidden gems of all flavors. In that vein, hoping to get to each of the boundary stones for that pointless prize - saw it and thought it'd be a good goal. Don't think I'll do it in one ride though!

Email or strava work well for communication for me.

Would love to do a distanced ride at some point if we're all comfortable. Looking forward to the season!