Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you choose riders so the team has variety?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Yes, the idea was that meetups and getting to know people were more likely if you didn't have people from Greenbelt and people from Alexandria on the same team. I would think it less critical this year. But I would expect that at least some teams will do things like socially distanced group rides--and those are easier if you don't have to bike 40 miles even to get to the ride.
    Yes, just as an aside. I, for one, will likely not join in larger group rides that are far from home (such as in Virginia) this year, because I don't anticipate wanting to use metro in case I want to bail. The last two years I freely used metro for part of my commute when the roads were dicey, too. Anyway, the point is that logistics are going to be different this year for some of us, that's for sure.

cvcalhoun is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mtansill View Post
    Yes, just as an aside. I, for one, will likely not join in larger group rides that are far from home (such as in Virginia) this year, because I don't anticipate wanting to use metro in case I want to bail. The last two years I freely used metro for part of my commute when the roads were dicey, too. Anyway, the point is that logistics are going to be different this year for some of us, that's for sure.
    Yep, one more reason for having local teams.