Likes Likes:  13,559
Dislikes Dislikes:  31
ELITE ELITE:  40
Page 11 of 306 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

Ooops (sorry for double posting ... and Tapatalk’s lack of a “delete” button:-/)
    Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boomer2U; 01-04-2021 at 08:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Actually, this does make it hard for those of us who customarily ride after dark (because after work for me is definitely after dark). When I took a photo of the sign with the lighted date and time on it for the first day, I had to direct my focus very carefully so that the lighted letters didn't just turn into one big blur of light. At that point, if I'd tried to put my bicycle into the shot, it would have disappeared into the darkness.

It's also an issue if we are trying to take a photo of a sign that is above a building. If we put our camera low enough to capture part of the bike, or if we move back far enough to capture both bike and sign, it may be impossible to make the sign legible.

You can obviously have what rules you want. But you should be aware that getting a bicycle (or even a portion of one) into every shot while still making the found item clear and discernable may be very challenging for some of us, even though we are riding to where we take the shot.
    Y'know, I agree with you here. After a long discussion with the panel (i.e., myself ), I'm removing that rule. So unless I explicitly ask for the bike to be in the pic, it isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by drevil
    Rules:
    12. Unless specified otherwise, your bike does not have to be in the photo. (Rule amended on 1/4/21)
    Last edited by drevil; 01-04-2021 at 07:18 AM.

3. Likes rumipumi, jen_stoly, josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    1/4/21 - In honor of National Spaghetti Day, take a pic of an Italian restaurant, preferably one you like and/or serves spaghetti. Caveat is that it can't have "zz" or "Garden" in the name or the sign. Happy hunting!
    1/4/2021 -- Italian restaurant. Taken at Rosemarino D'Italia in Alexandria. I haven't tried their spaghetti, but I can vouch for their eggplant parm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210104_072641.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	22050

Post Thanks / Like

1/4/21 - In honor of National Spaghetti Day, take a pic of an Italian restaurant, preferably one you like and/or serves spaghetti. Caveat is that it can't have "zz" or "Garden" in the name or the sign. Happy hunting!
    I forgot to include the bike, but that rule has since been rescinded, so I'm safe.

Name:	italian.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	22051
    Villa di Roma: I believe the sign in the window qualifies, although in retrospect the partially cropped-out rooftop sign may have been a better choice. Also, I haven't actually been to any Italian restaurants up here (yet), but I figure that something in the Italian Market is most likely decent (at least).
    Last edited by josh; 01-04-2021 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Added restaurant name

6. Likes Boomer2U, JoM, HokieBeth, drevil, jen_stoly liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie E. View Post
    Took the picture before you added the new rule that bikes had to be in the picture. I saw people post yesterday without a bike. Check the rules and it didn't say that the bike needed to be in, so I didn't put my bike in.

Elf, 1-3-2021, Clinton
    Although, it appears you missed the deadline

Name:	too late.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	22054

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'know, I agree with you here. After a long discussion with the panel (i.e., myself ), I'm removing that rule. So unless I explicitly ask for the bike to be in the pic, it isn't necessary.
    I think a better option is to require the bike unless the photographer can offer a valid reason for not including it. "I forgot" (looking at you, Josh) is not a valid reason. That way one has to show that they at least gave consideration to the requirement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I think a better option is to require the bike unless the photographer can offer a valid reason for not including it. "I forgot" (looking at you, Josh) is not a valid reason. That way one has to show that they at least gave consideration to the requirement.
    Sigh. Let's leave it as unrequired unless I say otherwise. I'll trust folks are on bike rides. I like having bikes in the pics, but I can see some not being able to include their bike in the pic. I don't want to keep amending the rules and turning people off to playing.

Steve O, love you man, but this is my game so I'll set the rules here. You can be the judge in your own games and start arguments there. <smooch/>

10. Likes mootsfy, rumipumi, accordioneur, jen_stoly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Italian Store in the Westover hood of Arlington VA

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes JoM, drevil, jen_stoly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, starting on 1/4 going forward, I'm going to be a hardarse, so please read and follow the rules in the original post. Thanks again for playing
    For when you want quantity over quality

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

14. Likes CBGanimal, JoM, reji, drevil, jen_stoly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, starting on 1/4 going forward, I'm going to be a hardarse, so please read and follow the rules in the original post. Thanks again for playing
    My favorite Italian restaurant is in in Maiori, Italy. Right now all it would take is money, time, and ending the pandemic to convince me to hop on a plane and go eat there right now. Instead, I give you Three Brothers, where my husband and I spent a lot of time with friends back in grad school. Man, now
    I'm all sad about not being able to travel. And the buccatini shortage. I think I need to find a local source for good spaghetti with clams. (also, feel free not to count this. I'm pretty sure "pizza" is in very small type on that sign, and I didn't notice it at the time) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210104_164740482 sm.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	22063
    Last edited by historygeek; 01-04-2021 at 01:52 PM.

16. Likes rumipumi, CBGanimal, JoM, reji, drevil liked this post
    Dislikes drevil disliked this post