Dislikes Dislikes:  31
ELITE ELITE:  40
Page 241 of 306 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3051

Thread: Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    3/1/21 - pig!

This place has all 3 - a pig likeness, the word pig, and they serve pork. It's a li'l fancy priced but it's REALLY good. Now I wanna go again. One day

Good thing Drevil doesn't dock points for lack of originality. I knew last night when I saw what today's challenge was that I was gonna go here - but Cate got here first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's because it's on my daily lunch ride route!

2. Likes karenbikes2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    3/2/21 - Little Free Library (with your bike in the pic!)
    3/2/21 - Little Free Library - There were SO MANY to choose from within a 3-mile radius of my home. This one is in Lyon Park in Arlington, and on my normal lunch ride route..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	little free library.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	24672

4. Likes HokieBeth, DCAKen, CBGanimal, karenbikes2, JoM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3/2 - Little Free Library

#100677 on 5th NE for the 51st state

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

3-2-21 Little Free Library

Not surprised to see many postings today.
    Here is a nicely decorated one.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

3/2/21–Little Free Library
    Thanks for the “softball” today [mention]drevil [/mention]!
    I think there are 5 LFLs in a 1-mile radius of my house. But I chose to explore a “new” neighborhood near my work and found this one (also in less than a mile Picked up some good reads for my kiddo too

Sundale Dr, Silver Spring, MD

Post Thanks / Like

3/2/2021 Little Free Library

We couldn't help but to check out the books at the three libraries we found.

Name:	IMG_20210302_133752405.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	24673

Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

3/2/21 - little free library

I went on a reading party ride today with HokieBeth and Cathy.... We decided to find a different little free library for each of us. Mine (here) is right by Fort Hunt on Winthrop street.

We had a great time with this one. Cathy & I ended up stuffing books in our bags to take home, all on Beth's recommendations.

Besides the rad reading party ride, this was a nice one for me because.... My mom died 6 years ago yesterday, on her 74th birthday. She wouldabin 80 yesterday. My mom was an English professor. She LOVED to read. I learned to read when I was 4 because she was single parenting while she was a grad student, so reading was the THING at my house. When I was older I'd go raid her bookcase. She'd had it custom made to fit the entire wall of her bedroom, floor to ceiling. One side was American writers & the other British. (I can't remember if she put writers from other countries in another bookcase or just snuck 'em in with the American & British writers.)

Thanks for helping me remember some of the good times with my mom, Drevil, Hokiebeth, & Cathy

Post Thanks / Like

3/2/21 - Little Free Library

I love these libraries!

11. Likes DCAKen, CBGanimal, karenbikes2, JoM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Free Library 3/2/21

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    3/2/21 - Little Free Library (with your bike in the pic!)

In 2009, President Obama proclaimed March 2 as Read Across America Day.

In celebration of the day, snap a picture of one of those happy little boxes of knowledge and intrigue known as a Little Free Library, and post it here on the forum. For this hunt, make sure your bike is also in the picture.

Happy hunting!

Name:	5dd1751a018d8.image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	24645

P.S. - for those playing OUTSIDE of the U.S. that don't have good access to a Little Free Library, take a pic of a cool looking library, but make sure that you have your bike in the pic
    Little Free Library 3/2/21 "Books Box" as I call them. This for your information on how far I will go to find a photo. Southern Prince George's County literally only has ONE little free library books box. With Mary Ellsworth's help, I was able to locate the vicinity of where the only one in Southern PGC was. So, I left out on my bike in daylight, hunting for it. After taking my life in hand, on private property, the owner came home and asked if he could help me. "YES", was my response, I took him my phone to show him why I was there. He tells me where the library is. I response that I'm not looking for the library but The Little Free Library that is a "Books Box', he says 'You mean the 'grab and go'"? I said "YES", He directs me how to get to it, then tells me to be careful out here. Well, I finally found it, in the dark of night. I deserve extra points for putting my life at risk Ricky.

Name:	booksbox.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	24674

13. ELITE sdots ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3/2/21-Little free library

So in the woods of Reston is an elaborate path system with twists and turns and ways to get totally lost. The infamous Glade is notorious for winding along the stream and not letting you back to the road. Along side one of these lonely paths is a separate wooded path that led to a fairy house and a little free library. This library has lights, the fairy house had dragons on the roof and little doors that you could open. It was a magical world with a blue bench to rest your weary bones while you were deciding on which book to swap. A great start to my day.

Name:	468DD4BF-FA52-4F46-8316-F49888FC9FA1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	24675