Likes Likes:  13,559
Dislikes Dislikes:  31
ELITE ELITE:  40
Page 194 of 306 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3051

Thread: Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Perhaps I've misinterpreted the task, and it needs to be one of the nine planets in our solar system, and not a generic "planet". For now at least, here's the word "planet":

I wish the forum supported strikethough text, it'd be helpful. Now, it looks like the word "planet" is confirmed acceptable as well.
    I'm going to resist updating the hunted object after my initial post (like I did yesterday and today) because I know it can confuse people. Safety is always my concern, and like I and others have mentioned before, it's just a pointless prize game... which I hope injects a little fun and interest on your rides. One thing about these mid-day updates is that I won't ever make it harder.

Everyone please be careful out there!

2. Likes Mtansill, Nadine, sszibler, karenbikes2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2/19/21 - Planet(s) - likeness or name of a specific planet or the word "planet"

This is Earth. Or Earth after it is taken over by Bechtel who has turned all the oceans red. Nonetheless, planet Earth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_000 (9).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	24222
    Last edited by Kbikeva; 02-19-2021 at 02:34 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

2/19/21 - Planet(s) - likeness or word

The American Geophysical Union Building has a representation of the solar system embedded in the sidewalk. It shows the planets and their relative orbits, including Pluto's eccentric path. The picture shows Pluto dipping inside Neptune's orbit

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ecar 2/18/21

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    It's a Prius, so a hybrid but not an all electric. (I found this out the hard way, when I posted one and drevil had to tell me it was a Prius rather than a Tesla.) In any event, given the change in rules, it works to give you a point for the day.
    Hi Carol,

The only way that I know it was electric was that it was plugged in. I was lucky to see it being charged as I passed the open garage, or I wouldn't had a clue. And I didn't know that he changed the rules, I just took a chance on posting it before midnight. The things we do, lol, for this game.

Post Thanks / Like

2/19/21 - Planet(s)

A (yarn) Saturn, at Fibre Space, Alexandria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LisaE View Post
    2/19/21 - Planet(s) - likeness or name of a specific planet or the word "planet"

Outside my front door and as far as I can see are sheets of ice, so my bike is staying in the warmth and safety of the house. But today’s target has introduced an earworm that just won’t budge.

So my offering to the hunt is The Planets, Op. 32: 4. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity by Gustav Holst which joyfully incorporates lots of jolly horn parts.

Nice music and photos, but I'm pretty sure your find has to involve a bike ride.

8. Likes sszibler, Catedrew, LisaE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie E. View Post
    Hi Carol,

The only way that I know it was electric was that it was plugged in. I was lucky to see it being charged as I passed the open garage, or I wouldn't had a clue. And I didn't know that he changed the rules, I just took a chance on posting it before midnight. The things we do, lol, for this game.
    Yep! I knew I wouldn't recognize an electric vehicle or a hybrid without a big clue, so I went to literally every charging station in Bethesda to see what was plugged into it. And when the best that netted was a Tesla without a bike rack, I posted on NextDoor so that people would tell me where I could find other electric cars.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. Likes sszibler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went for the planet Earth. This earth is located just off of Bartholomew Street in Alexandria.

Post Thanks / Like

2/19 planet

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to find someone that still owned a Saturn, but no luck. So...get ready for this!!

Here is my likeness of Mars (which is roundish and reddish). This even references four features from Mars!!
    And the fact that we just had a recent Mars landing, makes this even better!

Southern Highlands
    Tharsis Rise
    Olympus Mons
    Phaethontis quadrangle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2748.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	24230
    Last edited by AlanA; 02-19-2021 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Adding the recent landing.

14. Likes Nadine, karenbikes2, LisaE, rumipumi liked this post