Likes Likes:  13,559
Dislikes Dislikes:  31
ELITE ELITE:  40
Page 163 of 306 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3051

Thread: Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Thanks / Like

2/11/21 - Movie Poster

Angelika pop-up theater at Union market was dark with no posters. Fortunately I found a poster of posters (right above my bike in the photo, zoomed in version on Strava) at the Miracle Theater, which is apparently DC's oldest movie theater. It says that you can buy tickets to stream certain titles from home to support the independent theater.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210211_223733330.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	23948

As for favorite bike-centric movies, I'm having better luck thinking of bike-centric scenes in:

The Sound of Music
    Goonies
    My Girl
    Life is Beautiful
    And several with Kermit the Frog and other Muppets on bike, including one of my favorite winter holiday movies, Emmett Otter's Jug-band Christmas.

2. Likes Nadine, Steve O, CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2/11/21 - Movie Poster

I go to the movie theater so often, I thought the AMC Theater in Shirlington was next to the library. Turns out, itís around the block!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyLaura View Post
    2/11/21 - Movie Poster

This is the saddest scavenger day. Movie theaters are closed, posters are faded, if up at all, and it just makes me sad. My poster says coming in December. Which one?

Name:	C812BA1D-988E-4BA4-AC7B-56E2D72DF08D.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	23941
    Haha, I had the same question when I saw that movie poster. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling slightly out of touch.

Post Thanks / Like

2/11/2021 Movie Poster

Movie theater at Fairfax Corner. I did see people going into the theater. I guess I'm out of the loop on what's open and closed. (Not that I have any interest in being inside a theater during these times.)

If you are so inclined, you can actually see this movie tomorrow at 2:30 pm in exchange for $12.

Name:	IMG_20210211_142840894.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	23949
    Last edited by camiller; 02-11-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    2/11/2021 Movie Poster

Movie theater at Fairfax Corner. I did see people going into the theater. I guess I'm out of the loop on what's open and closed. (Not that I have any interest in being inside a theater during these times.)

If you are so inclined, you can actually see this movie tomorrow at 2:30 pm in exchange for $12.

Name:	IMG_20210211_142840894.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	23949
    Well that explains the burnt popcorn smell I detected while riding in that area!

Post Thanks / Like

2/11 - Movie Poster (fail!)

This was depressing. Like Indiana, I tried the Angelika at Union Market and found it dark, but did not come across their great find. I also tried various spots around the area (e.g., construction covers and scaffolding) that even last week had faded ads from last winter's movies, but no luck. The movie theatre at Gallery Place was stripped bare of posters, and none of the normal museum IMAX theatres seemed to have old posters up for viewing. Lots of similarly depressing faded signs for concerts and plays. The closest to anything on my too long ride tonight was this TV station poster outside WHUT.

As far as a favorite bike movie? Depends on mood, but the first one that popped into mind was the mockumentary Tour de Pharmacy.
    Last edited by LhasaCM; 02-11-2021 at 10:14 PM.

8. Likes CBGanimal, karenbikes2@gmail.com liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikesnick View Post
    2/11/21 - Movie Poster

Angelika Film Center (Fairfax, VA) is a great venue for independent and specialty films. Unfortunately it was closed today for a private event. Like DCAKen, I tried getting a picture through windows, but it was too dark inside. Then Boomer2U cycles up looking for the daily photo scavenger picture, too. Boomer found a worker, kindly described what we were doing and asked if we could be allowed inside, with our bicycles, to get a picture. Some what reluctantly, the worker said yes. Score.

Name:	hunt movie poster.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	23938
    Hahaha I needed BOOMER! I can just see him talking to the worker. I'm picturing him doing it on Spanish. But he can do Puerto Rican smooth in English too. Just perfect. Nice one!

10. Likes Steve O, CBGanimal, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/11/21 - Movie Poster
    Many of the movie theaters in DC are boarded up or have their movie posters removed but there are some inside the little Sun Cinema in Mt Pleasant. A bit hard to see but those are posters of Godzilla on the wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

2/11/21 - movie poster

....or lack thereof

I went to the state theater. I was reminded when I got there & saw the posters that it's really a music venue. So I biked to Ballston regal cinemas - but their posters are probably all inside and upstairs. I thought they might have something outside. Uh yeah, Nadine - maybe when they open.

I wasn't gonna go to court house at that point. I hadda get home and finish making the pizza I got inspired to make a coupla days ago on PIZZA DAY! I forgot to take a pic of me eating a slice for Josh I'll do that tomorrow - there's enough for 3 dinners.

Here's one of the posters I got at the state theater, for your viewing entertainment

It's different, anyhow. Wish I'd thought of the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse - great place.

I'm another one for breaking away. But now I really wanna see the movie Cbganimal talked about.

13. Likes LhasaCM, CBGanimal, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2/12/21 - Ox

2/12/21 - Ox

In 2021, the Chinese Zodiac sign is the Ox, and it begins on February 12.

On your ride, find the likeness of an ox (or any bovine) or the letter combo "ox" out in the wild. If you are seeking the letters "ox", they just have to be beside each other in that order, but they can be within another word.

Happy hunting!

Name:	cowbike.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	23950

15. Likes AlanA, bikedavid liked this post