Dislikes Dislikes:  23
ELITE ELITE:  26
Page 209 of 225 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2250

Thread: Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/22/21 - Purple House
    I'm really excited to share with you all the purple house in my neighborhood. Not only is it painted a totally awesome purple color, but it is the headquarters (or at least the place of residence) of Looney Labs - aka the folks who created the popular and fun card game Fluxx. Check them out here: https://www.looneylabs.com/

Of course I also love that they have a purple car... and do you see the purple bicycle on the porch??? Purple. Purple. Purple!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PurpleHouse.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	24362

Post Thanks / Like

2/22/21 - purple house

Ok, it’s not a house, but South Arlington’s notorious and recently shuttered Purple Lounge is too purple not to submit.

Name:	D2CD0123-4D61-449E-BB78-C7E0066CF8AE.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	24365

3. Likes rumipumi, LisaE, Kbikeva, Boomer2U, Nadine liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

2/22/21 - purple house

I did an image search on "purple door alexandria" to see what might pop up. I went to an address that had shown a purple door, but the door was definitely blue, not purple.
    However, all around that neighborhood were a variety of homes of different colors with different accents. Some were kinda purple (periwinkle? mauve? maroon?), but the longer I would look, the less purple each one seemed. I kept collecting photos hoping for an even more purple one than the last.
    This is what I ended with.

Name:	purple house.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	24366

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/22/21 - Purple House - The house does not have to be totally purple -- it can have purple shutters or a door.
    2/22/21 - Purple. There used to be a purple house in our neighborhood, but when the family sold it and the new owners painted it green. And then there was a used car dealership on Glebe Road that was painted a very garish purple with yellow trim. Well, that got painted over a few years ago. Darn! So, I couldn't find a totally purple house, but I did find a house with nice matching purple front door and garage door in Arlington.

Name:	purple door.jpg 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	24367

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    2/22/21 - purple house

I did an image search on "purple door alexandria" to see what might pop up. I went to an address that had shown a purple door, but the door was definitely blue, not purple.
    However, all around that neighborhood were a variety of homes of different colors with different accents. Some were kinda purple (periwinkle? mauve? maroon?), but the longer I would look, the less purple each one seemed. I kept collecting photos hoping for an even more purple one than the last.
    This is what I ended with.

Name:	purple house.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	24366
    I had a similar problem. I found a house (image here) described in Bethesda magazine as having "dark purple trim." When I arrived, the red/orange bits were gone, and the trim looked blue rather than purple to me. I'm not sure whether they repainted the purple bits blue, or whether the author of the magazine article had a different view than I did of what "dark purple" meant. (The color the article said they used definitely looks more blue than purple to me.) But I passed a house on the way there that was pretty much solid purple, and decided to use that rather than worry about what color that trim actually was.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 02-23-2021 at 12:48 AM.

7. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
    2/22/21 - purple house

Ok, it’s not a house, but South Arlington’s notorious and recently shuttered Purple Lounge is too purple not to submit.

Name:	D2CD0123-4D61-449E-BB78-C7E0066CF8AE.jpg 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	24365
    I'm sure that when it was in operation there were people who pretty much lived there ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2/23/21 - Mosaic (likeness or word)

2/23/21 - Mosaic (likeness or word)

On February 23, celebrate National Tile Day by seeking and taking a snapshot of a mosaic - a picture or pattern produced by arranging together small colored pieces of hard material, such as stone, tile, or glass.

The word "mosaic" is also acceptable, but I think it's safe to say that we the horde prefer the art

Happy hunting!

Name:	mosaic.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	24369
    (Really cool mosaic photo stolen from Mark Brody's site.)

10. Likes CBGanimal, Mtansill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2/22/21 -Purple House

There are a lot more purple house & houses with purple accents out there than I anticipated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

2/22/21 - Purple House

13. Likes LhasaCM, sszibler, bikesnick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

2/22/21 - Purple House

Well, not exactly, but best I could find during my morning #Decasleaze was this house w/ purple shutters & front door. Hoping that the judges will look kindly upon this submission for at least partial credit since it was snowing, sleeting & I risked life/limb with aggressive JRZ drivers who had never encountered a Bike Friday before.

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boomer2U; 02-22-2021 at 11:21 PM.