Likes Likes:  13,559
Dislikes Dislikes:  31
ELITE ELITE:  40
Page 224 of 306 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3051

Thread: Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

  1. #2231
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 2/25/21 - Duck

    2/25/21 - Duck

    Duck Boat! Stay off in thunderstorms.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. Likes CaseyKane50, JoM liked this post
  3. #2232
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Clinton
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Likeness of a duck

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/25/21 - Duck (likeness of animal or the word)

    On February 25, 1970, "Rubber Duckie" premiered on Sesame Street when Ernie sang the song while taking a bath. Fun fact:
    "The segment was so popular that the song was issued as a single with the show's theme song as the flip side. In September, it peaked at #16 on the Hot 100, and on November 16, it once again appeared on Sesame Street, this time in a Season 2 segment again with Ernie performing the song."

    On your ride, capture a likeness of a duck, whether it be an actual duck, an image, or made of rubber. Caveat is that it can't be your own duck.

    Happy hunting!

    2/25/21 Clinton, MD "likeness a duck"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bird.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	24509

  4. Likes Nadine, karenbikes2, JoM liked this post
  5. #2233
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Clinton
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default likeness of a duck

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/25/21 - Duck (likeness of animal or the word)

    On February 25, 1970, "Rubber Duckie" premiered on Sesame Street when Ernie sang the song while taking a bath. Fun fact:
    "The segment was so popular that the song was issued as a single with the show's theme song as the flip side. In September, it peaked at #16 on the Hot 100, and on November 16, it once again appeared on Sesame Street, this time in a Season 2 segment again with Ernie performing the song."

    On your ride, capture a likeness of a duck, whether it be an actual duck, an image, or made of rubber. Caveat is that it can't be your own duck.

    Happy hunting!

    2/25/21/ "likeness of a duck"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Birdbath.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	24512

  6. Likes karenbikes2 liked this post
  7. #2234
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    West Springfield, VA
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2/25 - Duck (ride completed on 2/25)
    I stopped by one of our favorite local Chinese restaurants that was delivering before it was cool (I.E. COVID-19) called Duk Wo. The spelling is funky but the duck is delicious. The kids loved to come here (in the before times) to watch the sushi chefs work, sometimes they even got a special treat from them just because they were cute and loved the sushi so much!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #2235
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    2,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2/26/21 - Acronym or Initialism (3 letters or more)
    This one is a twofer: BCCRS (Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad) and CFC (Combined Federal Campaign).

    I started out thinking I was going to Keep It Simple Stupid, with a picture of a Kiss & Ride sign. But on the way home, I kept finding more acronyms and initialisms everywhere. There were:

    • HSBC=Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.
    • AZNA=Aziz & Naid. (The website of AZNA Salon says this is the derivation.)
    • NTB=National Tire & Battery.
    • PDG=Prestipino Dental Group (What this one stood for was right on the same sign.)
    • SAT=Scholastic Aptitude Test and ACT=American College Testing. (There was an SAT and ACT prep sign.)
    • NIH=National Institutes of Health sign that mentioned COVID-19=COronaVIrus Disease 2019.

    I thought about going to the B-CC YMCA=Bethesda-Chevy Chase Young Men's Christian Association, but decided that was really overkill.

    Ultimately, I decided to go with the sign that had both the longest initialism and a second initialism.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCCRS.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	24513
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 02-26-2021 at 03:41 AM.

  9. #2236
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2/26 Acronym or initialism



    RFP = Request For Proposal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #2237
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/26/21 - Acronym or Initialism (3 letters or more)
    2/26/2021 -- acronym or initialism. In urbanist circles, opponents of development are often labeled as NIMBYs (Not In My Back Yard) or CAVEs (Citizen Against Virtually Everything). But the acronym that amuses me the most is BANANA (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anyone).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210226_073440.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	24514

  11. #2238
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    2/26/2021 -- acronym or initialism. In urbanist circles, opponents of development are often labeled as NIMBYs (Not In My Back Yard) or CAVEs (Citizen Against Virtually Everything). But the acronym that amuses me the most is BANANA (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anyone).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210226_073440.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	24514
    Love that! Of course, there are the MAMIL's out there (middle age male in lycra) but I've not seen one actually wearing the acronym, just bearing it. :-)

  12. Likes karenbikes2, rumipumi liked this post
  13. #2239
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Falls Church VA
    Posts
    835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/26/21 - Acronym or Initialism (3 letters or more)

    On February 26, 1935, Watson-Watt demonstrates the feasibility of RADAR - RAdio Detection And Ranging - to the British Air Ministry. This got me to thinking that there are acronyms everywhere, especially when you count hidden ones.

    I have ridden by this road with actual RADAR in the background that I just had to go with it...not to mention a Watson was involved so it has to be good!!!

    Radar (RAdio Detection And Ranging)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #2240
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Gritty City
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/26/21 - Acronym or Initialism (3 letters or more)
    I'm hoping that playing to drevil's true passions will yield an extra point or two-- here's KIMBAll Street.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kimball.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	24516

    IMBA is the International Mountain Bicycling Association, and is focused on trail access. MORE (the Mid-Atlantic Off-Road Enthusiasts) is the local (for most of you all) chapter, and I'm sure many of you have ridden on some of the trails that MORE has built -- Lake Fairfax, Fountainhead, the Shed, Patapsco, Fort Dupont, etc.
    Last edited by josh; 02-26-2021 at 08:47 AM. Reason: More (no pun intended) bolding

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •