Dislikes Dislikes:  31
ELITE ELITE:  40
Page 258 of 306 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3051

Thread: Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    3/6/21 - Element Name
    Two! Count them, two! Fun elements here. I am choosing to submit "argon." Found outside a physics building at the University of Maryland College Park.

Argon is a noble gas, and is the third-most abundant gas in the Earth's atmosphere. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argon.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	24813

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3/7/21 - Cookie Selfie

3/7/21 - Cookie Selfie

March 7 marks the beginning of Girl Scout Week, so lets celebrate the cookie!

Fun fact: Thin Mints are the top-selling cookie, followed in descending sales order by Caramel deLites/Samoas, Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos/Peanut Butter Sandwiches, and Trefoils/Shortbread. What's your favorite?

On your ride, take a selfie with a cookie that you bought during the ride (i.e., don't bring it from home!) for 1 point. Also, let us know what kind of cookie it is. If it's an official Girl Scout cookie, include the box in the pic for 2 points (total).

As an alternative, if you don't want to go inside or buy a cookie, take a pic of a bakery where you'd buy a delicious cookie for yourself or a friend. This'll net you a point.

Happy hunting!

Cookie Monster Crash Photoshop by bikecentric, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Default element name 3/6/21

3/6/21 - Element Name

On March 6, 1869, Dmitri Mendeleev presented the first periodic table of the elements to the Russian Chemical Society.

On your ride, find the name of one of the elements that is in the periodic table. (Only the whole name of the element, e.g., Livermorium, not LV: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chemical_elements).

Happy hunting!

Name:	fiftheelementbike.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	24770

PS - Unlike the picture, we don't want the word "Element", we want a specific one listed in the periodic table
    Element Name - Aluminum 3/6/21 Clinton, MD

Name:	aluminum.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	24814

4. Likes JoM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3/7/21 - Cookie Selfie

Fun fact: Thin Mints are the top-selling cookie, followed in descending sales order by Caramel deLites/Samoas, Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos/Peanut Butter Sandwiches, and Trefoils/Shortbread. What's your favorite?

On your ride, take a selfie with a cookie that you bought during the ride (i.e., don't bring it from home!) for 1 point. Also, let us know what kind of cookie it is. If it's an official Girl Scout cookie, include the box in the pic for 2 points (total).

As an alternative, if you don't want to go inside or buy a cookie, take a pic of a bakery where you'd buy a delicious cookie for yourself or a friend. This'll net you a point.

Happy hunting!

Cookie Monster Crash Photoshop by bikecentric, on Flickr
    Hot tip, members of my daughter's Girl Scout troop are scheduled to sell cookies today outside Saxby's Coffee, 3500 O St NW, 1-3:00pm. Or if you're craving cookies but can't make the same, for another week you can buy from her online at https://www.gsdigitalcookie.com/Cookie/ enter code mkeen2hr and get delivery. Maybe not photo contest point worthy, but you get a brownie point!

Post Thanks / Like

3/7/21 - Cookie Selfie

Happy hunting!
    You may find this Girl-Scout-Cookie-Finder-Near-You tool helpful to get a 2-point selfie, granted that you know your zip code;-)

Cookie on!

https://www.girlscouts.org/en/cookie...-cookies.html#

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3/7/21 - Cookie selfie

No Girl Scout cookies here but I found “Guilty” an American cookie bakery that sold me a snickers bar cookie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes DCAKen, Nadine, CaseyKane50, komorebi, AlanA, JoM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3/7 monster!

Actual girlscout cookies!! Samoas i bought from the local troop that Millie is supporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes CaseyKane50, DCAKen, komorebi, AlanA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3/7/21 - Cookie Selfie

The things I'll do for a cookie (or three)! On my longer ride this morning, I didn't see any GS sellers, but when we stopped at a bakery, I got a huge chocolate chip cookie. You know, for carbo-loading.

After I got home, I saw the posting about the -GS Find-a-cookie, so I looked for the nearest place. I hopped on a bike share and headed to Adams Morgan, but no dice at the location. Then it was off to Georgetown to Saxbys. They were out of Samoas, my favorite, so I picked up some lemon-ups.

Honestly, my favorite cookie is hot out of the oven at home, like a salted toffee, my latest batch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

3/7/21 - Cookie selfie

Indulging in an Oatmeal Apricot cookie from Bread & Water at their Westport (née Pentagon Row) location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

3/7/21 Cookie - GS Cookie Selfie

Thanks to my riding partner, Lefty Laura, I have the goods to garnish 2 points without having to actually purchase any myself. If I'd known how bad this was going to look at the end of a ride, I might have done it differently, but there you are.

Name:	File_001 (11).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	24821