Views:	22 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	24370

2. Likes LhasaCM, JoM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default THE Purple Rain house

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    2/22/21 - Purple House

On February 22, 1994, Prince is granted the trademark on the love symbol he has been using as his name.

On your ride, since Purple Rain might be a little hard to find, seek a purple house. The house does not have to be totally purple -- it can have purple shutters or a door. Any shade of purple is fine, as long as it's not pink.

Happy hunting!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purplecapitol.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	24332

Name:	IMG_5803.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	24371

Coming to you from the St. Paul/Minneapolis BAFS 2021 contingent, I give you actual Purple Rain. It's not lit at night so the picture sucks, but they probably don't want idiots like me taking pictures of it 35 years later. (Don't know why pic is uploading sideways--it was straight on FB post. Did I break the rules because I'm editing this after midnight?)
    Last edited by sdots; 02-23-2021 at 12:10 AM.

4. Likes sszibler, JoM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2/22/21 - Purple House

2/22/21 - Purple House

The mural is on the “Garden” shop on NJ Ave and the purple lights are on 5th St. In real life the lights had less purple and a mix of blues and probably purple and the right side of the mural I think definitely has purple, but in the dark the phone seems to capture something else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15698200-28EF-4159-9B41-180049611080.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	24372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F3C2A101-0560-4907-BB1A-91F457AA8520.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	24373  
    Last edited by sszibler; 02-23-2021 at 12:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

2/22/21 - Purple house

Dammit I forgot to post it earlier. Hope that's not a problem. I got it before dark.....

I couldn't find a purple HOUSE - but I found 3 purple doors. One was really dark. One wad kinda pale. This one was a nice purple. And funny thing, right by the trail .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes CBGanimal, sszibler, LhasaCM, LisaE, bikesnick, JoM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2/23/21 - Mosaic (likeness or word)
    I believe this is the first time I've actually been able to come up with an item without Googling. I had noticed this at St. Jane Frances de Chantal Catholic Church in Bethesda the other day as I biked by it. That was fortunate, because there are absolutely no references to it on Google.

I managed it with only a sleaze ride. Which is just as well, as I also would have gotten an entry in the London Bridge contest for it if that were still being given this year. As I was turning a corner, I ran into a patch of glare ice and the wheels slid out from under me. I hit my head, both brakes released, and the wire came out of the anchor bolt on one of them. I figured that continuing on to get the photo after that was enough, without trying for more than a sleaze ride.

For anyone interested, there is a more professional photo of this (but sans bicycle) at this link.

Name:	Mosaic.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	24374

Last edited by cvcalhoun; 02-23-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    I believe this is the first time I've actually been able to come up with an item without Googling. I had noticed this the other day as I biked by it. That was fortunate, because there are absolutely no references to it on Google.

I managed it with only a sleaze ride. Which is just as well, as I also would have gotten an entry in the London Bridge contest for it if that were still being given this year. As I was turning a corner, I ran into a patch of glare ice and the wheels slid out from under me. I hit my head, both brakes released, and the wire came out of the anchor bolt on one of them. I figured that continuing on to get the photo after that was enough, without trying for more than a sleaze ride.

For anyone interested, there is a more professional photo of this (but sans bicycle) at this link.

Name:	Mosaic.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	24374

Hope your head is okay, Carol! This is beautiful, but maybe not worth a concussion. It looks very Tiffany like. Is it in a private home?

10. Likes rumipumi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, I finally found something in a troubleshooting forum for iPhones that has helped me with getting things uploaded straight on the forum. If you imagine that the iPhone is a TV and turn it sideways, the "home" button must be on the right. Since I started doing that, I've had no problems - except when I did a selfie. In that case, you need to flip it to have the home button on the left. I don't know whether this works on other phones.

12. Likes sdots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Which is just as well, as I also would have gotten an entry in the London Bridge contest for it if that were still being given this year. As I was turning a corner, I ran into a patch of glare ice and the wheels slid out from under me. I hit my head, both brakes released, and the wire
    OMG I do hope you are ok!! Sounded awful...

14. Likes rumipumi, Nadine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too knew exactly where I was going! This Torrejon park is a water park in the summer with lots of fountains!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Like CBGanimal, I too knew exactly where I was going to go. Philadelphia's Magic Gardens!

Name:	mosaic.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	24375

This is just the exterior portion abutting South St. I haven't been on the inside yet, but it's supposed to be really cool! It's the work of one artist, Isaiah Zagar, and he's made a bunch of other murals throughout South Philly. If you look closely, you can see a couple different bike wheels embedded in the wall. Here's a higher res image.
    Last edited by josh; 02-23-2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Put in link for virtual tour