Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Tim Johnson's Ride On Washington: Come Ride With US!!!! HOLD THIS DATE!

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Editor: "Get me a story about rising gas prices! And protests about rising gas prices! Gas prices are a hot topic! People are angry about gas prices! We need a story about angry people protesting rising gas prices!"
    I think the newspaper interpreted the event as a demonstration of what people have been "reduced to" as a result of higher gas prices

Personally I'm in favor of higher gas prices (fewer cars on the road!). It's underpriced in this country as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

I am still glowing from yesterday's ride Thank you to everyone who came out to Proteus to enjoy the coolest bike shop in town and Jeff's (Greenbelt's) famous chocolate chip kitchen sink cookies. Re gas prices: I was the one interviewed and quoted by the Post (Why me? Glad I didn't say anything too stupid!). The reporter point blank stated that part of the ride was protesting high gas prices and what did I think about that? I told her I had no idea what she was talking about -- I only fill up my tank on my 2003 corolla about once/month so I don't even know how much gas costs! And I would be fine with higher gas prices if it keeps people from driving huge cars. And she didn't quote me on that... big surprise. All in all a fabulous day with a great group. Can't wait till next year. Now that y'all know where Proteus is, come out and visit us for Thursday night pot luck! -- Laurie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mllwhnp View Post
    I am still glowing from yesterday's ride Thank you to everyone who came out to Proteus to enjoy the coolest bike shop in town and Jeff's (Greenbelt's) famous chocolate chip kitchen sink cookies. Re gas prices: I was the one interviewed and quoted by the Post (Why me? Glad I didn't say anything too stupid!). The reporter point blank stated that part of the ride was protesting high gas prices and what did I think about that? I told her I had no idea what she was talking about -- I only fill up my tank on my 2003 corolla about once/month so I don't even know how much gas costs! And I would be fine with higher gas prices if it keeps people from driving huge cars. And she didn't quote me on that... big surprise. All in all a fabulous day with a great group. Can't wait till next year. Now that y'all know where Proteus is, come out and visit us for Thursday night pot luck! -- Laurie
    Y'all ROCKED!!!! My only regret is that I had to run off and take care of and guide folks at the CaBi stations along the way and only got to stay for 5 minutes at Proteus. I really regret missing the cookies too. I could have used one... or two... or 5. Okay, that's two regrets. Not bad for a trip as monumental as that one.

Thank you again! So great to see you all there.!

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any high-resolution (300kb-1mb file size) photos of the TJROW stopover at Proteus, the finale ride to DC, or the finish? It's for a local newspaper that wants to do a story. Email me? -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any high-resolution (300kb-1mb file size) photos of the TJROW stopover at Proteus, the finale ride to DC, or the finish? It's for a local newspaper that wants to do a story. Email me? -Jeff
    Just emailed you a few. I also posted some pictures on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BikeArlington

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedrogr...7629659391741/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the photos! Now we wait and see if they get published.
    In the meantime, here's a nice op-ed from VeloNews featuring a TJROW picture from our prominent action photographer:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...dvocacy_211139

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bikes belong!

The TJROW reached its $100,000 fundraising goal! This gift to ourselves will help show that people care about biking. Thank you, Pete, all the riders, and everyone else who contributed in any way.