Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tim Johnson's Ride On Washington: Come Ride With US!!!! HOLD THIS DATE!

Post Thanks / Like

Great article in the Post Metro section today, page B3, about the ride, and a big photo with Pete and I think Tim leading us. I'll try to get the link here if I have time. (if someone else wants to do that, please feel free.)

I also want to add that the 20 long range cyclists rode all among us and went out of their way to be friendly and make sure everyone was having a good time on the ride into town. Pete, please thank them for making it such a fun day for us!
    Last edited by Arlingtonrider; 03-21-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    I also want to add that the 20 long range cyclists rode all among us and went out of their way to be friendly and make sure everyone was having a good time on the ride into town. Pete, please thank them for making it such a fun day for us!
    The long range riders were amazing! As Kathy said, they made us feel welcome in possibly the only peloton we will ever be in. That was reinforced by the in-ride coaching by the experienced cyclists. It is great to see cyclists at every level all working towards greater support for the entire community.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though I only rode in with the group from the CaBi at Newton, it was a great afternoon. It was great chatting with Rebecca Rusch and seeing her amazement at arriving at the capitol, complete with a motorcade drive by. Sometimes I take for granted how often I get to see the White House and Capitol. Also great to put some faces with names here on the forum, although I think I still managed to miss a few. Fun lap around Haines Point, and I even met up with a woman on the W&OD who had rode in to DC specifically for the women's forum portion of the Bike Summit. All in all a great day!

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Washington Post article is here:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays...3-21&bk=B&pg=3
    The mention of protesting rising gas prices is odd. I never heard anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    Did your whole group do Hains Point and then climb Walter Reed hill on a post ride-ride?? You guys are all awesome! If I hadn't still been out riding at Hains Point, I would have been tempted to drive to the top of the Walter Reed hill to meet you with a vuvuzela greeting!
    Mark did have a vuvuzela actually. Yeah Tim and Mark led us (skreaminquadz on the single speed! and myself) up there after Hains Pt. We all did Hains Pt then we gradually split off after that.

Quote Originally Posted by eminva View Post
    I'll add one picture below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0224.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	842
    Liz
    Nice composition!

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from Tim Johnson and Allen Lim being genuinely nice guys, I was most impressed with the unicyclist who rode in with us from College Park.

Name:	unicycle.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	843

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link to the PDF version of the Post story -- they chose a great picture in my opinion!: http://www.washingtonpost.com/rw/Was...-03-21/Bx3.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Here's a link to the PDF version of the Post story -- they chose a great picture in my opinion!: http://www.washingtonpost.com/rw/Was...-03-21/Bx3.pdf
    The bozo on the left is a little scary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elcee View Post
    Aside from Tim Johnson and Allen Lim being genuinely nice guys, I was most impressed with the unicyclist who rode in with us from College Park.

Name:	unicycle.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	843
    That's my buddy Ben. He does century rides on that thing. He's truly talented.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a few questions about the fundraising link in the last day or two. If you'd still like to donate, the link will be open until the end of the month. So many thanks to all of you who donated already. You made it possible for us to do this and be successful.

https://www.pledgereg.com/27074

Pete

Greenbelt is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The mention of protesting rising gas prices is odd. I never heard anything about that.

Editor: "Get me a story about rising gas prices! And protests about rising gas prices! Gas prices are a hot topic! People are angry about gas prices! We need a story about angry people protesting rising gas prices!"

Intrepid reporter: "I've got a story about biking and better bike lanes, but I also asked about gas prices so I could weave the gas issue into the narrative so it'll get more views when our web site is searched."

Editor: "Hey, nice story!" "Great picture -- put it on page 3 of Metro."