Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Recumbent Trikes anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recumbent Trikes anyone?

Hi all, I live in Arlington, VA and I ride a recumbent trike. I'd love to know who else in the area rides one - it seems we are few and far between, but I have met several in the area, and also passed a few recumbent trike riders on the W&OD trail. I'm also a member of a Maryland/DC/Virginia recumbent trike group on Facebook. I'd love to hear what you ride and see pix of your trikes. I'll start. My first recumbent trike was a used 2015 TerraTrike Rover i8 with 20" wheels all around, and an internal geared hub with 8 gears. This was a great starter trike, but after I started riding longer distances (and my 'engine' got stronger), I realized I needed a vehicle with more low gears for better hill climbing, and more high gears for getting up to speed on flats, so I upgraded to a used 2015 ICE Adventure RS, with rear suspension, also 20" wheels all around, with the added bonus that it folds. My husband is now riding my old Rover. Here are pix of my TerraTrike Rover, and my ICE Adventure recumbent trikes. I'm looking forward to reading about and seeing the recumbent trikes that some of you might ride.

Catie

This is my TerraTrike Rove i8 soon after I got it with no bells and whistles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TerraTrike Rover.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	21830

And this is the Rover with flag and other accessories (at the Alexandria Park near Potomac Yard)

Name:	Rover at Potomac Yard.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	21831

This is the ICE Adventure (at the National Arboretum)

Name:	ICE Adventure at Arboretum.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	21832

This is the ICE Adventure when folded (seat and rear rack removed).

Name:	ICE Adventure folded.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	21833

And here's me and my husband. He's riding the Rover, and I'm riding the ICE Adventure.

Name:	Wayne and Cate on trikes.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	21834

2. Likes bentbike33, Judd, KWL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife has a Catrike Trail. Unfortunately, she hasn't been riding in a while - but maybe when I tell her there are other trike riders in the local area it will motivate her

4. Likes Catedrew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love that flag. I bet you are noticed.

6. Likes Catedrew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trike rental

Is is possible to rent one anywhere in the area? I think my dad might really enjoy riding one on some of the trails around here but not where he lives.

8. Likes Catedrew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post
    My wife has a Catrike Trail. Unfortunately, she hasn't been riding in a while - but maybe when I tell her there are other trike riders in the local area it will motivate her
    Actually, there are several of us! We have a FB page: Maryland, DC, and Virginia recumbent trike riders. But I know at least 3 other people in Arlington, and a guy in Potomac, so we are around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Char Miller View Post
    Is is possible to rent one anywhere in the area? I think my dad might really enjoy riding one on some of the trails around here but not where he lives.
    I think that maybe College Park Bikes and Mr. Airy Bikes might rent them - check with them and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk