Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Biking with doughnuts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biking with doughnuts

Does anyone have suggestions on transporting donuts? I've tried strapping a box onto my rear rack with a cord but the box ends up collapsing in the middle from the bungee cord squishing some of the donuts--a tragedy!

This is for a virtual donut and beer pairing if anyone else would like to join. Could be good practice for Freezing Saddles if there is a donut pointless prize!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual...s-129509968803

Post Thanks / Like

Something like this cargo net has worked well for me for similar situations. https://www.rei.com/product/797996/topeak-cargo-net

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

3. Likes Judd, bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my pizza setup, which I think would work. I cut a coroplast yard sign to large pizza box size (those are medium pies in the bags in the photo) and cut four slits so that I can attach it to my rack with some nylon straps and buckles I had lying around. Pizza boxes go on top, usually inside foil insulation bags as you see here, and are held in place by a cheap motorcycle cargo net like what LhasaCM suggested. I moved two of the six hooks on the net so that it hooks on each of the four sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Likes bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest one of these rigid food container that can stand up to the pull of the bungies. Add a silicone or high-friction mat underneath to keep it in place on the rack.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8705F using Tapatalk

7. Likes jrenaut, bikedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the rack on my bike for the explicit purpose of bringing a pie to a Bike Arlington blinkey light handout. The original thread talking about it is here somewhere. I used ImaCynic's technique and the pie not only made it from my house into work but all the way out the MVT/4MR from DC to Columbia Pike with no incident. Just need a few bungee cords or similar to hold the container in place. I didn't even use the high-friction mat but that sounds like a great idea.

9. Likes kwarkentien, bikedavid, Steve O liked this post