Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friends of BAFS/Slackers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Well. The Mean-Girls* can correct me. And for all I know I am getting this horribly wrong.

Not long ago, in the distant past, we squabbled about "Team Slackers." Team Slackers was specifically supposed to be people who wanted to play reindeer games but not compete for miles. The people on Team Slackers and its captain were very happy with the arrangement.

But even tho the people who were on Team Slackers were happy, others... were not. For thousands of reasons. And the short of it was, it was very patronizing.

In the kerfluffle, Team Slackers got put on the leaderboard even tho we had asked not to be. And we didnt care. We were not competing.

But the Mean Girls saw a loop hole in the game. the Mean-Girls ride beastly miles. And they did not compete in the Freezing Saddles team competition. So all of there strava winter miles were building up.... but invisible to the FS leader board.

But they knew, nothing stopped them from joining Team Slacker.

So..... the day before the end of the competition, the Mean-Girls joined Team Slacker en masse. This put Team Slacker in first place by like 4x miles on the leader board.

I thought it was hilarious. It was the true spirit of Freezing Saddles. It was a good joke. And it meant nothing. The #1 team was still #1 - its just that Team Slackers had pulled a funny one - and just ignore it.

Oh but did it piss people off. And I am sure telling the story, someone will step up and say how awful it was.

Freezing Saddles is a game. That's all it is. It was always meant to be fun. The Mean Girls reminded us of that. I thought it was simply wonderful.

* That is the name Pete Beers game them, so there!
    Where is the flipping Elite button???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes kwarkentien, JoM liked this post
    ELITE consularrider, rcannon100, Emm ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post

Oh but did it piss people off. And I am sure telling the story, someone will step up and say how awful it was.

[/I]
    Reminds me of the Great Sand Bag kerfuffle the Gainesville, FL team pulled in the National Bike Challenge a few years back. But then, Florida men gonna Florida.

Henry