Likes Likes:  194
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize Thread 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Great idea for a PP, SarahBee! I'm planning to organize a group ride to Meadowlark's Winter Walk of Lights on January 1, since it sounds great and I've never been. Stay tuned for more details.
    Thanks komorebi. This PP was inspired by the many lovely light art rides you’ve organized in the past!

2. Likes Judd, JoM liked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: Traditionally reindeer games are winner-take-all. This usually means games boil down to a very small number of people - or even just one - playing and winning. Maybe design the games so that many people win. For example, Mary's Coffeeneuring is a challenge where over several weeks one has to visit 7 unique coffee shops and post on social media about it. And LOTS of people love it - because its a means of telling little social media stories. Anyone who qualifies gets that years Coffeeneuring patch. Another design is a scavenger hunt, and anyone and all who complete the scavenger hunt are winners.

Winner-take-all games mean a very very few people play. A game where more people can complete the challenge means more opportunities to play pointless games.

4. Likes JoM, Dachs6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Suggestion: Traditionally reindeer games are winner-take-all. This usually means games boil down to a very small number of people - or even just one - playing and winning. Maybe design the games so that many people win. For example, Mary's Coffeeneuring is a challenge where over several weeks one has to visit 7 unique coffee shops and post on social media about it. And LOTS of people love it - because its a means of telling little social media stories. Anyone who qualifies gets that years Coffeeneuring patch. Another design is a scavenger hunt, and anyone and all who complete the scavenger hunt are winners.

Winner-take-all games mean a very very few people play. A game where more people can complete the challenge means more opportunities to play pointless games.

One winner per category. Would be very impressive for a person to win each category, unlikely but not impossible.

6. Likes rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Great idea for a PP, SarahBee! I'm planning to organize a group ride to Meadowlark's Winter Walk of Lights on January 1, since it sounds great and I've never been. Stay tuned for more details.
    Note that in past years, Meadowlark's Winter Walk of Lights has had ticketed timed entry. No telling how it will work this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Note that in past years, Meadowlark's Winter Walk of Lights has had ticketed timed entry. No telling how it will work this year.
    Also ticketed this year with COVID restrictions. I am assuming that Komorebi will look into this to pre-purchase tickets based on registrations and then set up an event Brite ticket fee.

9. Likes bentbike33, Fast Friendly Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@rcannon100, can I count you in on participating in this PP if I add a category for “Most Lit Doggo”?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    @rcannon100, can I count you in on participating in this PP if I add a category for “Most Lit Doggo”?

I think the only way I can respond to that is, "Challenge Accepted."

(Note my comment was a general comment re pointless games. Hidden Agenda - many of these games are fantastic - but they are sort of hard to play the winner-take-all games if I have no chance at beating ConsularRider )
    Last edited by rcannon100; 11-24-2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Burp

12. Likes SarahBee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused. Why do we want to find Public Carts??
    Try spelling it with one “c” and see if that helps ... or substitute a “c” with another constant of your choice;-)

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Try spelling it with one “c” and see if that helps ... or substitute a “c” with another constant of your choice;-)

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Public Farts?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by rcannon100; 11-25-2020 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Still confused

16. Likes SarahBee, Sunyata, Steve O liked this post
  17. 11-26-2020, 12:32 PM

Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you advise on winning one of last year’s prizes but never being recognized or awarded anything? Least Daily Variance...I posted on the thread but never got a response. Thanks, Shannon (ST)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk