Likes Likes:  50
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pointless Prize Thread 2021

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tomacsh View Post
    Can you advise ...
    Yes. Volunteer to run the prize this year (everything is done by volunteers).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tomacsh View Post
    Can you advise on winning one of last year’s prizes but never being recognized or awarded anything? Least Daily Variance...I posted on the thread but never got a response. Thanks, Shannon (ST)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, a lot of the prize winners last year never got recognized or awarded anything. Normally, prizes are awarded at the final happy hour, and that never took place due to the pandemic. And because no one anticipated the pandemic when the competition began, we didn't have an alternative way planned to award prizes.

At least this year, we've got advance notice of the fact that there may well not be a final happy hour, and an opportunity to figure things out in the event it can't happen. But I would still expect that many of the prizes this year may be only the honor of the thing rather than physical prizes, because it would be up to each person who awarded a prize to figure out how to get it to the recipient.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, all! I've started the list of Prizes - see the first post in this thread. Remember, if your prize is something that would benefit from its own thread (such as a place to post pictures for a photo contest), the prize sponsor should create the thread. I'll link to it from the master list. Likewise, if tracking for your prize needs a hashtag, when you specify the hashtag I'll add it to the list.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Notorious Bingo

A scavenger hunt of ill-repute, in which cyclists hunt for depravity, debauchery, and repression - open to Freezers anywhere.

D.C. is a town of scandal. While Arlingtonians pine for the "good old days," Rosslyn used to have a neighborhood known as "Dead Mans Hollow" where farmers returning from the Georgetown Market would get mugged. The Lee Harrison shopping mall was the site of the famous gang fight between the Pagans and Avengers. And then there is Monkey Business (because what would politics be without a sex scandal).

You get a bingo-card of ill-repute. You go out and capture ill-repute. You post it on any social media (with a hashtag to be negotiated). You send in your accomplishments for valuable prizes. So basically its Coffeeneuring except for Bordellos.

Each bingo square will be a category, based on something about D.C.. You can bike to and capture that category in any way you want - you just have to give a good explanation how that captures that category.

Example: Category: Salad Days. That means of course (you know this) punk rock. If you are in D.C., you could for example satisfy this by going and taking a picture in front of Hagen Daz in DC (oh someone PLEASE know why Hagen Daz is a punk rock holy site in D.C.). If you were perhaps in.... oh I dont know.... Manhattan.... you could go take a picture in front of OMFUG. So anyone anywhere can play.

Circle gets the Square. Now fill out the rest of the bingo card.

Bingo cards are being produced by the French Knights at the Doune Castle.

The winner of the game will be hired as a summer tour guide. The second place winner will be arrested and required to serve 6 months in Lorton Prison. (Everyone who completes the bingo card is a winner. I'll think of something. Probably like Coffeeneuring, only this is Notorious, so I will probably make a profit off of it).

Last edited by rcannon100; 11-29-2020 at 08:17 PM.

5. Likes josh, Judd liked this post