Likes Likes:  258
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  7
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless Prize Thread 2021

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    Too bad, as the quality of posts is generally high, and having a repository of good threads on things like bike tires and maintenance is more valuable than disorganized posts on Facebook and Twitter hashtags that are quickly lost and forgotten.
    I agree with this, except for the fact that finding older stuff on this platform can be really hard...or impossible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 Point Pointless Prize

I propose a pointless price for visiting and photoing (and pointing) to the four points (corners) of the DC boundary.

Even more pointless prize for pointing out all points in one pointless ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Likes CBGanimal, camiller, Boomer2U, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After careful consideration, the Beerneuring Meister has decided that it would not be prudent to hold Beerneuring this year. Although some breweries will likely continue to have outside seating, having a contest that incentivizes gathering in public would not be responsible. Having said this, please do what you can to support your local small breweries through the winter. Almost all of them offer beer to go and some even deliver. Which would you rather get delivered, something you don't need from a gigantic company or beer from a local brewery? Also, as noted, some may continue to have outdoor seating, so if you conclude that it is safe to do so, that is an option too. Life is too short to drink bad beer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75d6e85ead0d747fc4bed05d4589519cd2029ef8.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	21869

5. Likes jrenaut, Judd, josh, bikedavid, Henry, Boomer2U, smb9600 liked this post
    ELITE Sunyata ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@sjclaeys while the beerneuring challenge is one of my favorite parts of the game, I fully support your decision. The lack of breweries is really going to make BAFS tough for me - in prior years, I could get the kids to go for long-ish bike rides if we bribed them with candy and screen time at breweries, where we could also warm up before venturing back. This year it's going to be tough to motivate them with no destination/reward.

Have you thought about changing the rules instead of cancelling? Instead of tasting on-site, you get the point for doing curbside pickup at a brewery?

7. Likes secstate, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles 2021 - Daily Photo Scavenger Hunt

I love taking photos, and having a goal usually ups the fun factor, so I'm doing a daily photo scavenger hunt.

Every night, I'll post something you have to take a picture of the next day (along with the date). I'll try my best to post before midnight.

It might be an object (a stop sign), a theme (something blue), specific (e.g., a bike laying on the ground), vague (e.g., confusion), a mish-mash of those, or none of those.

Rules:
    1. Obvs, you should be a participant in Freezing Saddles '21
    2. It has to be on a bike ride
    3. It has to be posted on the day for which it was requested
    4. It has to be posted here on the forum in this thread: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...165#post203165
    5. There should be text either in the title or in the post with the date and the found object/theme. Description or location are optional (but nice)
    6. It has to be a picture you took, so if you're in it, it either has to be a selfie or done with a self-timer
    7. Only one pic/day
    8. It has to be a picture, not a video
    9. Filters are OK, but no obvious/blatant photoshopping... not that I know anything about such things

Photoshop? by bikecentric, on Flickr

Scoring:
    1. If you follow all the rules above, it's 1 point/picture.
    2. At the end of FS, every like in each of your pic posts = 1 point

Notes:
    1. Prizes TBD
    2. Some of these will be hard. Fret not, some will be easy, so skip those days that are too difficult
    3. Don't ever ever ever ever do anything that can put you in danger or will result in hurting yourself. I promise I won't ask for any pics of you riding on the Beltway
    4. I might post pics, but mine don't count in the contest
    Last edited by drevil; 12-22-2020 at 11:21 AM.

9. Likes Sunyata, bikedavid, QuikAF77, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Photoshop? by bikecentric, on Flickr
    It's clearly Photoshop because the fox wouldn't have been using such a long lens at that distance

11. Likes drevil, Steve O, rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Char Miller View Post
    I propose a pointless price for visiting and photoing (and pointing) to the four points (corners) of the DC boundary.

Even more pointless prize for pointing out all points in one pointless ride.
    Thanks for sponsoring a prize! I love the idea of a Pointless Prize about Points!

I recommend you specify how you want people to report their rides - for example, using a particular hashtag in their Strava entries, or by creating a thread on the forum where people can report their rides.

13. Likes BicycleBeth, Steve O liked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Calvinball has begun. See facebook page

15. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Calvinball has begun. See facebook page
    You might want to link to the Facebook page. I'm not seeing it on the Freezing Saddles Facebook page I'm a member of.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fs2021.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	21879

Freezing Saddles 2021: CoVid Edition: DMV

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2497564127026657

With thanks to the volunteer admin