Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Cranksgiving 2020 on November 21st

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cranksgiving 2020 on November 21st

You might have seen it in this week's Sustainable Mobility action alert: Cranksgiving NOVA is back for a second year!

Part food drive, part scavenger hunt, part bike ride, Cranksgiving NOVA is back for 2020 with COVID safety protocols in place. Choose a ride option- (1) person, (2) person, or less than (10) person team. Find scavenger hunt items wherever you want across the DMV over a distance as long or as short as you want. Upload your photos to #CranksgivingNOVA social media. Earn points, have fun, and drop off your food drive haul at your closest food bank- we'll provide a list of drop off locations and hours you can drop off. Join your Cranksgiving family for a physically, but not socially distant Award Ceremony via Zoom to hangout, meet other participants, announce the winners, and earn fabulous prizes!

Register and more details at:
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cranksg...s-127805627071

2. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to those who are organizing Cranksgiving2020, when both the logistics and need are greater than ever.

Can you tell me if the trivia/scavenger hunt will be specific to a geographical area, so that I can plan a route accordingly?

Or will the answers/clues be geographically neutral?

FYI, I have registered on Eventbrite and will join a team (Babes & Babe Magnets on Bikes - BBMOB) that will contribute items to Food Drive For ALIVE in Del Rey as part of this yearís virtual Turkey Trot.
    https://www.visitdelray.com/thanksgiving/

Others are welcomed to join the BBMOB team. Logistics still being ironed out!

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Judd, SarahBee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The scavenger list is geographically agnostic. Itís possible that you could do most a large amount of the list within a few miles of your home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot off the ArlNow press:some publicity for Cranksgiving this Saturday. You might recognize a few friendly faces in the cover photo. Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cranksg...s-127805627071

https://www.arlnow.com/2020/11/17/cr...-to-arlington/
    Last edited by Judd; 11-17-2020 at 08:27 PM.

8. Likes SarahBee, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer2U View Post
    Thank you to those who are organizing Cranksgiving2020, when both the logistics and need are greater than ever.

Can you tell me if the trivia/scavenger hunt will be specific to a geographical area, so that I can plan a route accordingly?

Or will the answers/clues be geographically neutral?

FYI, I have registered on Eventbrite and will join a team (Babes & Babe Magnets on Bikes - BBMOB) that will contribute items to Food Drive For ALIVE in Del Rey as part of this yearís virtual Turkey Trot.
    https://www.visitdelray.com/thanksgiving/

Others are welcomed to join the BBMOB team. Logistics still being ironed out!

Not too late to register for Cranksgiving NOVA 2020. This year we have food drive drop off locations in NOVA, MD, and DC. Scavenger hunt clues are live as is the liability waiver and instructions. Since this is a one day event 11/21 and the weather promises to be spectacular, you could do both Cranksgiving on 11/21 and Turkey Trot on 11/22 or anytime until their event is over on 11/29! To register, click on the EventBrite link in Juddís post!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a small but artistically inclined group show up for the collection on Saturday in Del Ray. We filled up a bike trailer, and then delivered it to the #turkeytrot collection table at the Del Ray farmers market. All goods to be distributed by ALIVE to those in need in Alexandria.
    I couldnít see what the trivia questions were from the info posted on the Cranksgiving Eventbrite link, so we documented public works of art instead;-)

Last edited by Boomer2U; 11-25-2020 at 08:50 AM.

11. Likes bikedavid, Serdar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes Serdar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Likes Serdar liked this post