Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Fix Trollheim Bridge with the Friends of Mount Vernon Trail

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who has continued to support bridge improvements on the Mount Vernon Trail. The October 31st Bridge cleaning has sold out but there’s multiple opportunities to help with fixing and replacing deck boards on Trollheim. No special skills needed for any of the events other than the ability to kneel. Details and sign up are available at: https://mountvernontrail.org/2020/10...-our-gofundme/

Bridge 1 Work: The next bridge that will be worked on after Trollheim is Bridge 1 which is the bridge closest to the Mount Vernon Estates. This bridge is constantly shaded, frequently wet, at the bottom of a hill and has a sharp turn at it’s entrance. The combination of these factors has left the decking heavily gouged from crashing cyclists. Contributions to the GoFundMe have provided funding for a cleaning and heavy duty anti-skid paint. Volunteer sign up should be up soon once date is confirmed with NPS.

GoFundMe Stretch Goal: After exceeding the original goal twice, we’ve got a new stretch goal. Our new goal of $2,250 will allow us to purchase a pressure washer that fits on our trailer, doesn’t need an outlet and can be run from buckets of water. This equipment will allow acceleration of bridge cleaning and enable a regular cleaning schedule for years to come. To invest in ongoing cleaning and maintenance of the MVT bridges, visit https://www.gofundme.com/f/a-crash-free-trollheim

Thank you to everyone who’s contributed with your cash, your muscle power and supportive words.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Our new goal of $2,250 will allow us to purchase a pressure washer that fits on our trailer, doesn’t need an outlet and can be run from buckets of water.
    You wanna be part of my pit crew for the next cross season?

3. Likes Judd, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You wanna be part of my pit crew for the next cross season?
    Depends on if you’re racing here or in Philly. 10 buck bike wash would be a pretty good fundraiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just announced a volunteer day for this Saturday to finish cleaning gunk between deckboards that we couldn't finish this past Saturday: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trollhe...s-127659301407

Post Thanks / Like

Volunteers completed cleaning between Trollheim’s deck boards on Saturday. The next three volunteer days will work on fixing loose deck boards and replacing a few that have deteriorated. We should hopefully be in good shape to try to schedule application of the non-slip paint.

The next bridge project after Trollheim is the power plant bridge and the wooden bridge north of it by Marina Towers. The power plant bridge is currently being eaten by kudzu which is obscuring sight lines even more on a bridge with some blind turns. The other bridge has a 90 degree turn which has multiple gouges in the deck from crashes. We’ll give it a cleaning and anti-skid paint.

If you’d like to volunteer for an upcoming event, they are all listed at https://mountvernontrail.org/events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes kwarkentien, komorebi liked this post