Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Boundary Channel Dr Upgrades Virtual Mtg Nov 5, 7-8:30p

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boundary Channel Dr Upgrades Virtual Mtg Nov 5, 7-8:30p

Reposted from an email:

Dear Stakeholder in the Bicycle and Pedestrian Community:

The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is proposing to upgrade the Boundary Channel Drive at I-395 interchange. Improvements include reducing Boundary Channel Drive from four lanes to two in order to construct a ten-foot-wide sidewalk along eastbound Boundary Channel Drive and a ten-foot-wide shared-use path along westbound Boundary Channel Drive. The project also includes new roundabouts on Boundary Channel Drive just west and east of I-395 to improve safety and traffic flow, reconfiguring the ramps between I-395 and Boundary Channel Drive, and new crosswalks along Boundary Channel Drive. The project also features a new shared-use path linking the Mount Vernon Trail to Long Bridge Park. This project will involve changes and/or breaks in limited access control.

A Virtual Design Public Hearing is scheduled for Thursday, November 5, 2020 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. and will provide an opportunity for residents and organizations to ask questions and give VDOT comments and/or suggestions on the proposed project. You may be interested in sharing this information among your networks in the bicycle and pedestrian community. Information for accessing and participating in the meeting is posted on the project website (http://www.virginiadot.org/BoundaryChannel).

The attached public notice has appeared in local newspapers and we are providing you a copy to ensure that you have an opportunity for review. Also included is a project location map for your reference. For additional information about the project and the public process, please visit the VDOT website (http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/).

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Anna Fortune |Preliminary Engineering, Arlington and Fairfax Counties | Virginia Department of Transportation | 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030 | 703 259-2390 Cell: 571 498-0161| Anna.Fortune@VDOT.Virginia.gov

Ad with Project Map - Boundary Channel Drive project.pdf

2. Likes Starduster, Relwal Noj liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a bump that this meeting is tonight. This path will have multiple crossings of on ramps and off ramps to 395. In the last set of plans, there were some issues with angles for trail users that made the crossing riskier and also the radius of the roundabouts which would promote excessive speed for a trail crossing. Hoping that the feedback from the last meeting was incorporated.

http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/...ic_hearing.asp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk