Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Help a Phoenix youth with a school project

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help a Phoenix youth with a school project

Robel, one of our youth here in the shop, is collecting data from DC-area locals for a transportation study heís conducting for his AP Research Methods course at Wakefield High School. If youíre a resident of the Greater Washington area, please consider spending 5 minutes taking his survey below before February 3rd. The project centers around the different types of transportation that individuals use on a daily basis to get to and from work. Your response to the following questions will help him assess the amount of eco-friendly usage within the area of Northern Virginia. Take Robel's survey here: http://bit.ly/apresearchtransportation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes rcannon100, Henry, huskerdont liked this post
    Formerly of the Pike where I was hit twice in bike-friendly Arlington. Now in Takoma Park.
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you're probably just the messenger, but at least on my phone, I may only select one type of service for "What service do use for transportation?" The options are car, personal transportation (not including car), bikeshare, walking, electric scooter, and other. Is metro other? Is bus other? What if a person uses more than one method? Which type of transportation - does this mean for getting to/from work? Is this the most-commonly used method? What does personal transportation mean? Given that this is a research methods class, perhaps give this question a bit more thought.

-A person who regularly uses 2-3 methods to get to work on a normal day, but who wants Rebel's study to be successful.

Post Thanks / Like

"Wrong question. Wrong questions get wrong answers." - Jeff Bridges, Master Gregory, "Seventh Son"

Still, it's a learning experience. Maybe his next survey will be more precise, but I had professors in grad school who did no better.

5. Likes Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    "Wrong question. Wrong questions get wrong answers." - Jeff Bridges, Master Gregory, "Seventh Son"

Still, it's a learning experience. Maybe his next survey will be more precise, but I had professors in grad school who did no better.
    This. Itís better than the first survey I ever did which wasnít until grad school and as soon as he starts playing with the data, Iím sure heíll think of lots of ways he would have designed the survey differently.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the survey and helped provide a learning opportunity for a bright youngster interested in bikes and transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes huskerdont, dasgeh liked this post
    DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine the sample selection issues introduced by advertising this survey on this forum.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DismalScientist View Post
    I can't imagine the sample selection issues introduced by advertising this survey on this forum.
    I bet you can and have.

10. Likes jrenaut, DismalScientist, rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DismalScientist View Post
    "From our data, it appears that there should be almost no cars on DC roads during rush hour...."

12. Likes dasgeh, Henry, scoot, Judd, kwarkentien, rcannon100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a follow-up, Robel asked me to share his final report.Transportation in the D.C. Metropolitan Area.pdf Enjoy.

Henry