Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: For sale - Radpower Bikes Rad City (2019 model size L) $700

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For sale - Radpower Bikes Rad City (2019 model size L) $700

******sold!!!****** thanks to Samantha and Judd for the assist on this one!!

Hey all,

Iím selling my Rad City ebike. I decided to upgrade to a mid-drive ebike, so the Rad has to go. I bought this one about a year ago and it has ~1800 miles on it. I just put a new chain on it and new brake pads. The wheels could definitely use a truing, but mechanically itís in great shape. Iím also including an extra battery (which probably no longer functions at 100% but should still have plenty of life) and an extra charger, which would be worth a pretty decent chunk of change if sold separately...I just donít have the patience to do that. The bike also includes a pair of matching panniers and a top tube bag, and Iíll throw in any extra tubes I have (26Ē schraders, because Rad...) and the tool kit. This is a decently large bike, so I wouldnít recommend it for anyone shorter than 5í7Ē or so. If youíre interested, I highly recommend familiarizing yourself with RadPower Bikes and the benefits/tradeoffs of owning one, just so you know what to expect. And of course, Iím happy to let you take a test ride.

Last edited by TwoWheelsDC; 07-16-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair price! Curious what mid-drive ebike are you buying?

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Fair price! Curious what mid-drive ebike are you buying?
    The Gazelle Ultimate T10+. Go big or go home, right?

4. Likes Dewey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    The Gazelle Ultimate T10+
    Sweet ride! I read Bosch are rolling out a firmware update to increase torque on certain Bosch gen 4 motors from 75 to 85nm. EBR says your ebike has the Performance Speed MY20 motor, the Bosch press release mentions Performance Speed MY21 motors get the upgrade but also says "Performance Speed drive units cannot be retrofitted". Might be worth checking with the dealer what the score is. Regardless I love Gazelle's step-through ebikes and yours looks more capable than the EasyFlow I test rode for a month a couple of summers back.
    Last edited by Dewey; 07-09-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Sweet ride! I read Bosch are rolling out a firmware update to increase torque on certain Bosch gen 4 motors from 75 to 85nm. EBR says your ebike has the Performance Speed MY20 motor, the Bosch press release mentions Performance Speed MY21 motors get the upgrade but also says "Performance Speed drive units cannot be retrofitted". Might be worth checking with the dealer what the score is. Regardless I love Gazelle's step-through ebikes and yours looks more capable than the EasyFlow I test rode for a month a couple of summers back.
    Oh that's interesting! I wouldn't complain about an additional 10nm of torque, but frankly 75nm already feels pretty good, especially on my hilly commute. Because of the heat and wearing work clothes, I rode pretty conservatively this morning (first commute on the Gazelle, and my first real ride on a mid-drive), but I imagine the ride home will be seriously fun.

Post Thanks / Like

The Bicycling review rated the bike very highly, let us know how it performs climbing hills. I've read the gen 4 motors are significantly quieter due to the redesign.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!
    I am interested! Have you sold this bike and/or is it available for a test ride?
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydear_watson View Post
    Hello!
    I am interested! Have you sold this bike and/or is it available for a test ride?
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your interest! I literally was coming here to post that this was sold when I saw your post. So it is sold...but best of luck with your search!